Where to buy black cotton tubing?
Jul 1, 2007 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SonicDawg

1000+ Head-Fier
I am really fed up with microphonic teflons tubing. Where can I find some nice black cotton tubing, like that of the equinox cable?

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 10
i have a couple feet i can send you if you like; you can send me your address at bryanbowerATgmail.com

i only have a little though, but you can have it; it is about a centimeter diameter, i have about three feet

i got it from a fellow headfi'er so i'm not sure where he got his

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 10
Don't laugh right, but you can get shoelaces that are hollow like that. You can usually buy them upto 1m long (used for boots). Cut the tab off the end of 'em and slide the wire up through it. Oh yeah, when you buy them they are the "flat" type - ie rolled up like a fire hose.

Looks pretty OK too!

Fran

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 10
The big question is whether those shoelaces are made from nylon/polyester or actual cotton.

I say the best bet would be to buy non-dyed cotton tube and then dye it black yourself.

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for the suggestion about using shoe lace. I have actually thought of that before. In fact, that's what they are, really. I must admit my gullibility of having purchased some "audiophile grade" cotton tubing for nearly a dollar a foot. The guy must be laughing all the way to the bank...

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 10
Shoe laces are most likely not made completely of cotton, they would wear out far too fast if they were...I'd think
tongue.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 10
http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/sh...d=98&cat=Nylon

I bought from T5A before and the experience has been great. Not the cheapest store around but they stock reasonably a lot, their website is intuitive to surf and shipping was lightning fast (took only 4 days for my order to arrive from Canada). I would buy from them again.

Cheers!

p.s. Gee...this sounds too much like a feedback post.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #8 of 10
Thanks alot, Zorander!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back