where to buy "ATH-Ad700"
Mar 5, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by tumama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But in Audiotopia i see that the price is $ 149.00

for some reason they have some on ebay for 117 shipped but on the website it is the normal going price of 150 atm which is why i jumped on them because its hard to find them below 120.

Mar 5, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dubnobass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got conformation, and a tracking number today. I should be receiving them by tomorrow
biggrin.gif

just got my confirmation email as well today.... its shipped and heading my way! can't wait.

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #18 of 30
just a final update... received my package today. everything looks awesome.

it does say "made in taiwan" i thought they were made in japan? hmmm dunno. but the box has japanese writing on it.

everythng looks in order... a thumbs up to audio-topia!

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #19 of 30
I also received mine today. For gaming they have been awesome. Music sounds really good also, I like these better then my brothers sr-80s. My only complaint is they are a bit loose, I would love to be able to replace the pads with bigger ones so it fits around my ears better with no gaps. If anyone has any info on replacing the pads on these please let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dubnobass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also received mine today. For gaming they have been awesome. Music sounds really good also, I like these better then my brothers sr-80s. My only complaint is they are a bit loose, I would love to be able to replace the pads with bigger ones so it fits around my ears better with no gaps. If anyone has any info on replacing the pads on these please let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

thats one of the things i like about em... they aren's so tight like all the other headphones ive had... these things are so damn comfortable you literally cant even feel them on your head!

definitely the most comfortable headphones ive ever put on.

Mar 6, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #21 of 30
wow! i am hooked!

listening to my first what would be considered good headphones ive just put in one of my favorite cd's love in the time of science by emiliana torrini which i have listened to so many times just with 30 dollar headphones.. hearing it with these headphones is insane! all these new sounds i didn't even know was in the songs... isolated in such beauty.

i can definitely tell instrumentals is where these shine.. the instrumental parts of songs shimmer out in isolations like fleeting stars dashing through the sky.

pretty cool.

i am already saving up for some more audio-technica products in the future.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #22 of 30
I have been using these all day. I gotta say I am really impressed. My brother has a pair of sr-60s and 80s that I was using the last couple days and I must say I am very happy with my decision to go with the ad700s. I do a lot of online gaming and love the comfort of these. I also like the open air design for ventrilo, I personally hate not being able to hear myself talk.

For music these do a good job, But I would like another set dedicated for music. I like a lot of bass so I hope after some more research I will be ordering another set of cans soon. I have a nice surround system but need something I can crank for late night listening.

This site has been very helpful and I look forward to spending money on my new found hobby
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #23 of 30
you guys are killing me, mine will arrive tomorrow, didnt order from audiotopia, picked up a used set. anyway, hows the bass, ive heard their a bit weak in that department, is it ok?? glad to hear audiotopia is good to go, I may have to order something from them sometime.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #24 of 30
The bass is not bad at all, I was very pleased with how tight it sounded. I am a bit of a bass head and could always use more and thats what I will be looking for in my next set.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by loki993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys are killing me, mine will arrive tomorrow, didnt order from audiotopia, picked up a used set. anyway, hows the bass, ive heard their a bit weak in that department, is it ok?? glad to hear audiotopia is good to go, I may have to order something from them sometime.

the bass i wouldn't say is bad but it doesn't shine... like dubnobass i would probably be getting another bass heavy pair of headphones for when i am in the mood for alot of bass... the bass is pretty decent on these but not enough to satisfy that bass craving you sometimes want to satisfy on certain songs.

i can't rave enough about the comfort though... that was my main thing when picking these headphones the comfort because i really wanted something i could wear a long time for some long listening sessions and i am very pleased with the comfort of these i can easily have these on for 4 hours+ no problem which is what i was looking for mainly and i really like the sound overall.

i would say these are a great introduction pair of headphones to get into the whole "scene". i am glad i picked them.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #26 of 30
well , cant wait. i got mine basically for games and music. there normally on the short list for gaming headphones, there supposed to be very fast and have excellent positional audio. there also supposed to sound great with most types of music, the comfort factor is great also. thats why I got them. im sure I wont be disappointed. these are also my first set of "good" headphones, so im sure they will blow me away and end up costing me more money. I dont even have them and im already eyeballing my next pair and maybe an amp
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #27 of 30
I bought my pair of ATH-AD700 from AudioTopia via eBay as well. As well as I can tell they are in fact real.

Mar 22, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #28 of 30
Wasn't it the ATH-A700 that were being faked more?

Plus....the ATH-A700 is a tad more, wonder why? Just because it's closed?

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #30 of 30
i got mine from newegg for $103 + tax = $112, free shipping. newegg has them for $103 + $6 shipping but they are out of stock now. i saw them recently on buy.com for $110 (free shipping). also buy.com says i can get $20 off purchases of over $100 if i use google checkout, so that makes it really cheap now at $90 if u use that coupon...(i think it said before march 24th tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back