where to buy "ATH-Ad700"
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Nowhere

100+ Head-Fier
sorry if this is not the right place for this

after trying my best to do as much research as i could for my first step into the midrange level of things ive come to the conclusion of the marantz cd5001 in combination with the ath-ad700 which i am pretty happy with in the end.

the problem is when i was reading reviews and stuff the ath-ad700 price range was always under 120$ so upon trying to buy it i have only found it like 4 stores all at the 150$ + shipping range and it is out of stock like so many places.

i have managed to find it under 120 dollars only on ebay from 2 sellers who say it is factory sealed but i am always sceptical of buying from non retailers.

can anyone offer me any help in trying to locate a legit source to buy these new at under 120$.

thanks its very appreciated. (only under 120 will fit in my budget and im on a tight budget if not i will have to go with the risky ebay purchase)

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFbayArch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just purchased a second pair of AD700s for my father, as a gift for $110 from one of the Amazon partner merchants about 2-3 weeks ago, but now see the lowest price there is about $160 new....

Amazon.com: Used and New: Full-size Open-air Dynamic Headphones

ya its insane trying to track these things down for the old price.. ive been searching all day and went through like every google page i could find.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 30
this is the only places i could find

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-AD700 OPEN AIR DYNAMIC HEADPHONES

Audio Technica ATH-AD700

audiotopia claims to be an authorized audio-technica seller and has them cheaper on ebay than their website (under 120).

digital4cheap has them under 120 and has a ton of ebay ratings but their google ratings wen't that good at all and there is no mention of an authorized seller.

so does anyone know anything about these (preferrably audiotopia) or bought from them before?

thanks

Mar 3, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 30
anyone kno the reason for the ath-ad cans going up in price?

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 30
I bought mine off eBay (a few months ago now) and it was legit. Just check their record, if they're selling fakes there oughta be quite a few aggravated feedbacks here and there, or withdrawn feedbacks which usually implies a refund. If a seller has high 98% or 99% positive and their only negative/neutral comments are complaints about shipping times (which usually isn't their fault) then you're pretty much in the clear.

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #9 of 30
just went through the same thing, buy.com is out of stock and no idea when they will get more. I was all ready to buy from audiotopia, they seem legit. I went through all their feedbacks and most were about shipping and there were also a few about people getting broken products, all which audiotopia replied to with explanations. if you do end up ordering from let me know, id like to know how their are for real, as a may order something from them in to future.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by loki993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just went through the same thing, buy.com is out of stock and no idea when they will get more. I was all ready to buy from audiotopia, they seem legit. I went through all their feedbacks and most were about shipping and there were also a few about people getting broken products, all which audiotopia replied to with explanations. if you do end up ordering from let me know, id like to know how their are for real, as a may order something from them in to future.

i went ahead and took the plunge on audio-topia which came to a toal of $117.91 (with shipping insurance included)... they seemed like the best choice so i'll let ya know how it goes just ordered it today and paid through paypal.

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 30
Newegg had them for 103 before they ran out. I dont know when they will have more in stock.

Mar 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i went ahead and took the plunge on audio-topia which came to a toal of $117.91 (with shipping insurance included)... they seemed like the best choice so i'll let ya know how it goes just ordered it today and paid through paypal.

Hi there, I am new to these forums. After doing some research i decided to pull the trigger on the ad700s. I ordered these headphones on sunday from audiotopia. I have not yet recieved any tracking information, or any conformation it was even shipped. Let me know how your order ends up.

Mar 5, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dubnobass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, I am new to these forums. After doing some research i decided to pull the trigger on the ad700s. I ordered these headphones on sunday from audiotopia. I have not yet recieved any tracking information, or any conformation it was even shipped. Let me know how your order ends up.

i am in the same boat... if you read the auto response email carefully it does say that it takes 24-48 hours (they dont count weekends) usually for the factory to send out emails about it shipping and tracking info and it can have slight delays for a few other reasons like paypal being slow to process, etc.

i ordered mine early monday so i expect some kind of contact here today/tomorrow. in the 24-48 hour window.

i'll keep ya updated if i get any info.

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But in Audiotopia i see that the price is $ 149.00

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #15 of 30
I got conformation, and a tracking number today. I should be receiving them by tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back