Where to buy Alps RK097?
Dec 10, 2007 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Basil101

Head-Fier
Hi all,
I need at least three of these potentiometers and they must be bought in the UK (or Europe at the furtherest.)
My usual suppliers; RS, Rapid, Maplin don't stock them, are there any more suppliers I have missed
confused.gif

Thanks for looking.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 8
why must it be in europe?
AMB audio shop
Tangent's Parts Shop
you can normally only buy them in multiples of 50 or so - amb and tangent just do that, and offer them for DIYers
overseas shipping is quite fast, and you can conveniently pay with paypal (I ordered once from tangent, but amb has the same high reputation)

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by balou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why must it be in europe?

I am not the most patient sort and the last two times I have made international orders my packages have taken over a month to arrive
frown.gif

Looks like it's going to be tangent, I could do with a few ADAPTLE boards anyway
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

I have made international orders my packages have taken over a month to arrive

Amb also is one of the fastest shipping guys on this planet...highly recommended!

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by balou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can normally only buy them in multiples of 50 or so - amb and tangent just do that

LOL. It's more like 700 or 1400 pieces a pop. I get them through an authorized Alps distributor to prevent counterfeits, and the lead-time is something like 3 months, because it's a special-order item not normally stocked by Alps.
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 8
Try Farnell (uk.farnell.com). They stock a wide range of ALPS pots. I believe you should easily get them from there, as the CAPS for my SOHA just arrived from Farnell UK
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DolbyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Farnell (uk.farnell.com). They stock a wide range of ALPS pots. I believe you should easily get them from there, as the CAPS for my SOHA just arrived from Farnell UK
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for thatone, I checked with Farnell but they want over £2 for each pot (cheaper with tangent/AMB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back