Where to buy a canon 40d dslr?
Jun 3, 2009 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

onurrus

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Head-fiers,

I am about to buy a Canon 40d Dslr(body Only) and asking your idea where can ı buy it cheapest and with manufacturer warranty in US?

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fredmiranda is also a good place.

Is this a place that has a buy/sell forum? It seems so to me..

And thank you for the b&h photo Samgotit.Its a bit expensive I think..

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't mind a refurbished one, Adorama has them for $730 - 1901B105AA Canon EOS-40D Digital SLR Camera - Refurbished

It's listed as including an Adorama one year warranty.

The price seems tempting but I am really considering if it gives hard time with something possible to occure? because the price difference is 120 usd with the non refurbished one.and that means 50mm lens for me :S

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 15
Try amazon.com (straight from them, not a third-party dealer on there); I got my XSi there for a great price.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try amazon.com (straight from them, not a third-party dealer on there); I got my XSi there for a great price.

I think the cheapest price is at amazon at the moment.its 849 usd for only body and adorama photo is the seller.I think Amazon is not selling it directly..

I am also thinking to buy 50mm lens f1/8 at first,I am gonna use it with portrait shots..

But Iam trying to find it cheaper than 849 if I can..I found some for 770 usd but I am not sure they have manufacturer warranty.they sound so much grey market to me and I dont want to be unhappy with it after I buy..

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by onurrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the cheapest price is at amazon at the moment.its 849 usd for only body and adorama photo is the seller.I think Amazon is not selling it directly..

I am also thinking to buy 50mm lens f1/8 at first,I am gonna use it with portrait shots..

But Iam trying to find it cheaper than 849 if I can..I found some for 770 usd but I am not sure they have manufacturer warranty.they sound so much grey market to me and I dont want to be unhappy with it after I buy..

You need to be extremely careful if you find it somewhere that's significantly lower than B&H and Amazon. Most of those places are scams, Bait and Switch, etc. I'd like to see who has it for $770.

Are you having this shipped to Istanbul?

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to be extremely careful if you find it somewhere that's significantly lower than B&H and Amazon. Most of those places are scams, Bait and Switch, etc. I'd like to see who has it for $770.

Are you having this shipped to Istanbul?

Here is the link for 774 usd on ebay,ıt also says there is 1 year warranty but I think ıt can be grey market product..thats what makes me feel worried.

A friend of me will bring it to me who lives in US and will visit me in Turkey,no shipping ptroblems at all..

NEW CANON 40D Digital SLR Camera BODY 10.1MP USA w/4GB - eBay (item 190310528702 end time Jun-25-09 13:56:12 PDT)

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 15
I already bought my 40d from Turkey.Its just 50 usd from amazon price so waiting would be nonsense.thank you for your replies all! I appriciate..

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by onurrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already bought my 40d from Turkey.Its just 50 usd from amazon price so waiting would be nonsense.thank you for your replies all! I appriciate..

There's no way you bought a 40D for $50...

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no way you bought a 40D for $50...

Oh sorry I meant 50 usd cheaper than amazon price lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back