Where to buy 3 inch round replacement pads?
Apr 14, 2007 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

craftech

100+ Head-Fier
I am trying to find replacement pads for an old Audio Technica ATH-7 eletrostatic headphone that I have had for years. The pleather has really deteriorated. There are no replacement parts for this headphone available from Audio Technica.

The pads measure 3 inches and they are round. When I search for diameters of the various replacement pads for various headphones, they don't seem to give the dimensions in most cases.

Does anyone know of replacement pads of that size?

Thanks,

John

Apr 16, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 6
John,
I'm in the same boat with my AT Signet TK 33's that also take a 3" earpad. My Behringer HPX 4000 also have a slip on 3" pleather foam pad. I have taken them off to check for fit & they could be double side taped to the AT's after trimmimg off the extra vinyl used for slip on. I haven't tried to order them from a dealer yet. Worst case would be to buy a set of the 4000's for around $35-40 US. Hope that helps.

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 6
John,
I was trying to figure out how I could attatch the HPX 4000's earpads on the AT's without cutting away the vinyl slip on material since they will not stretch to fit the AT's deep brim & wouldn't hold anyway. I use the 4000 for my guitar amp & they cost $65.00 up here so I don't want to butcher the pads. Anyway one thing led to another & like I'm prone to do, I ended up unscrewing one of the housings & taking the transducer out. There is/was
frown.gif
a gasket inside that had all dried up & crumbled into pieces with some white powder that used to be the cement used to keep it in place. I can probably make a new gasket or use an o-ring. I haven't given up on these or my other old Lambdas which are in primo shape given their age.
lambda.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 6
John,
I got a pair of Alessandro MS1's (modded Grado SR60's). The flat foam ear pads are exactly 3" OD, inside cut out 1-1/2". Not sure what stock pads are on the SR60's now but the MS1's are not the replacement small soft rounded pads. Look more like the bigger flat replacement pads on the SR80. I've seen them for $15.00.

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 6
There's an HK ebay vendor that comes recommended by some UK hifi folks.

Check out item # 120112694183

Users who are viewing this thread

Back