Where to audition?
May 9, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 5
The best way would be to find a Head-Fi meet near you. You may have to do a bit of driving, but that is a small price to pay in search of the "perfect headphone."

Head-Fi moderator Hirsch is organizing a meet at his place for early June. Don't know if that would be within driving distance for you, but he always has a great assortment of headphones to listen to.

May 9, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Todd (www.ttvj.com) will fix you up with whatever equipment you want as long as you pay shipping and he puts a hold on your credit card for that amount until you return it. I think it is a one week return policy and you get a used and burned in headphone.

This way Todd doesnt waste his fresh pieces and you get to listen to burned in equipment!

Cheers!

May 9, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Todd is THE MAN! He was kind enough to allow me to audition two sets of phones when I was seriously considering a purchase. I ended up buying from him too. Great service and very nice to deal with.

Auditioning is way better than ordering from a vendor with a return policy because you don't leave the vendor with used product after the audition. Some vendors like Todd have equipment on hand just for this purpose. It pays to ask the vendor if they will allow an audition as some will accomodate you even though they don't advertise this though it sometimes depends on the product in question and if the vendor already has used product or product set aside for auditions.

May 9, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks guys. I already knew that meets are great, but I just don't have the time to attend one.

It looks like I'll just try to snag an audition with Todd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back