Where to audition Grado?
Oct 9, 2007 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

santiclaws

100+ Head-Fier
Given the adulation around here, I'm seriously thinking about the Grado SR60, but there is also a number of people who don't like the comfort and the sound. I would like to find a place to audition them - is this something a high-end audio place would carry? Grado's web site doesn't have a dealer locator...

Also, any competition in an open air phone for the same price?

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 11
Just look around.
There are several shops in my area that cary most of Grado's line, and there might be some in your are as well. Wherever that may be...
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 11
Be alot easier if you give us the location where you live...anyway there is one shop in Nottingham England called Super-fi they got SR-60's in there
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be alot easier if you give us the location where you live...

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you put your location below screen name it would be easier for us to know where you are located and make recommendations.

- augustwest

Well, that would be the intelligent thing to do, and hence uncharacteristic of me.
biggrin.gif
I live in the Los Angeles area, Encino to be exact. Although a trip to Finland or England would be nice... I guess I was asking for a type of place, but there are probably people here who could point me to the exact place. D'oh!

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #10 of 11
I highly recommend Hawthorn Stereo, info here http://www.hawthornestereo.com/

Ahh..I did not see your reply on where you live...but Hawthorn Stereo is a wonderus place to visit for audio-philes!

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by artleaf2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dxc store in santa monica.

DXC Store is definitely a close enough drive for you. And if Grados aren't quite what you're looking for, there are other cans you can try out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back