Where to apply power to the Meta board
Mar 27, 2003 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tigger

500+ Head-Fier
OK, I've built 2 Cmoys and a Meta 42 but I can't get the Meta to work. I ordered the wrong D1 part so decided to try the amp anyway.
I have been really carefull about battery polarity, but without D1 or D2 I can't seem to figure out the leads.
I have the neg battery wire going to the round hole nearest TLE. The positive wire is going to the switch then to the square pad next to the neg. lead. What am I missing?
I get no LED and no sound.

All the op amps are socketed.

Mar 27, 2003 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Maybe the board layout will help. The square hole does not go to anything if you are not using d1 or d2. I believe you need to put the positive lead in one of the d2 holes. Take a look here to see if that makes sense.

Mar 27, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 4
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
YAAAHOOOO
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Thanks meat01. It's working!!!!!

Awesome!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Or connect Positive power to the square hole, and power switch to each side of the -- below D2 - one lead of switch to each -.

It is a little confusing - there's another switch location labeled -- just below the positive power input (2 sq holes), but that switch is used to short out D2 (if you use it) so you can bypass it and avoid losing power, I guess when you're running on batteries. The other confusing thing is how to mount D2, since it appears to be shorted on the board. I think if you use D2 you're supposed to wire the way you did, with the power switch between power and the + input on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back