Where should I buy music cd's...?!(very confused)
Apr 10, 2006 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Eugene Kwon

Head-Fier
Last time, someone gave me a list sth. like this:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34545

and there's so many stores that I'm kinda hesitating...
Deepdiscount looks really cheap and secure .. but you never know
eek.gif
maybe there are hundreds of cheaper sites than deepdiscount

In my buy-list, there's cowboy bebop the 3rd edition (BLUE) and I searched EBAY to look at the prices and... there's a guy who's selling it for 5 bucks...
this is a joke, right?
(I expected the price to be around 30 bucks..)

In this site (http://www.otaku.com), it's about 25 dollars and I think it's very cheap but what if it's a pirate cd?

It would be a grim day if I bought a bunch of cd's from a site selling fake cd's...

Can someone with vast experience help me with this?

Apr 10, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 13
If they're selling them out of china, then there not bootlegs. Just movies priced as what they sell them for in China. I've bought a number of collections from China - perfect quality and good service. Although shipping might take 2-3 weeks. Honestly, when you think of paying $25 for a dvd that cost .25 cents to make and probably $5 in royalties actually goes to the artist, who's the crook? I used to insist on have the 'real thing' but if you're going to watch it 3-4 times and then sit it on a shelf, what's the difference? I can read "Othello" in a leather bound volume or as a PDF free on the web and have the same emotional experience. That's the way I feel about dvds these days.And as a former "media junky" you'll think you need these expensive editions because you'll cherish owning it forever. When, in fact, five years from now you'll probably be trying to unload it in the Buy and Sell forum for a couple bucks. Save your money and enjoy the movie the most frugal way you can, is my advice as an *gulp* adult.

Apr 11, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 13
CDJapan are very good if you're looking for cowboy bebop and that kind of thing. You can also check out YesAsia.

Also.. even though the prices at YesAsia seem more expensive than at CDJapan you have to factor in that CDJapan charges an arm and a leg for shipping, when you can get free shipping from YesAsia which is actually relatively quick.

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene Kwon
Last time, someone gave me a list sth. like this:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34545

and there's so many stores that I'm kinda hesitating...
Deepdiscount looks really cheap and secure .. but you never know
eek.gif
maybe there are hundreds of cheaper sites than deepdiscount

In my buy-list, there's cowboy bebop the 3rd edition (BLUE) and I searched EBAY to look at the prices and... there's a guy who's selling it for 5 bucks...
this is a joke, right?
(I expected the price to be around 30 bucks..)

In this site (http://www.otaku.com), it's about 25 dollars and I think it's very cheap but what if it's a pirate cd?

It would be a grim day if I bought a bunch of cd's from a site selling fake cd's...

Can someone with vast experience help me with this?

deepdiscountcd.com has awesome prices. always a few bucks less than the cheapest retail store. no tax. free shipping. and really easy checkout--they keep your last credit card transaction on file, as with your shipping address, so it's super fast just to keep buying cds all the time. but, they do have 2 drawbacks: takes 3 weeks or more sometimes from the time you place the order 'till you receive the cds, and they don't have the largest selection.

what i usually do is place the order, then forget about it for a month. and when it gets here, then it's like a little suprise in the mail.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #9 of 13
I've had no problems with deepdiscountcd or deepdiscountdvd. They're not the fastest in terms of fulfilling an order, but they usually have the best price.

Whereas many online retailers process and ship an order in one or two business days, they often take 2 or 3 days to ship out the door. And if you go with the free shipping choice, then that's another week or two. I don't recall things taking three weeks.

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 13
You have to subscribe the form and are required to take 1 cd every per month... That kind of process to get cheap cd's is a bit annoying...

I have concluded that deepdiscount is the best place to buy my cd's!!
(I don't usually care about the amount of time that takes to get the cd's)

Thank you for all the replies!

Apr 11, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene Kwon
You have to subscribe the form and are required to take 1 cd every per month... That kind of process to get cheap cd's is a bit annoying...

You have to subscribe yes, but you can also order CDs and get them shipped the next day. The 1 month-thing is a different thing: you are REQUIRED to pay for a cd each month. That doesn't mean you can't order more CDs per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back