Where should I buy ATH-ESW9?
Aug 27, 2008 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Callas

Head-Fier
Greetings,

I'd like to purchase ATH-ESW9 for my outdoor use. I checked http://www.amazon.co.jp and they only(?) costs ¥ 20,473 ! Since my budget is very tight right now, I'd like to purchase from the lowest, yet safe site that delivers to US...Any recommendations? I googled it and GeekStuff4u.com seems like the lowest but I'm not sure if they are reliable site...Anyone got an experience with this site? Your follow up will be very much appreciated! Thank you!!!

Aug 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't have experience with that site but it's been around a while and no red flags popped up while looking around the internet a little. Their shipping is a little high ($30 for my address), but the only other option I could think of for the cheapest overall price would be to go through a proxy buying service and I don't know if you want to do that.

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 8
Er... 20,473 yen is pretty cheap considering how they cost much closer to $300 in the US.

Aug 28, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 8
Problem with that price is that amazon.co.jp won't ship them out of Japan; you'll need a proxy service of some sort to make the purchase for you. That will bump the price up (proxy service has to make money somehow after all) to maybe $250 including shipping if not more depending on which proxy you use.

Aug 28, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 8
I think the best way is to ask my friend a favor...! (and I'll buy him a dinner?!) I'll wait a bit...though I'm not so sure if I can wait till one of my Japanese friends go back...LOL

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 8
While we're listing sites, PriceJapan will be the cheapest after everything ($266) for the sites used most often here. Even cheaper would be something like shoppingmalljapan (which I've used multiple times with zero problems) but they'll probably take the longest if going for the absolute cheapest price (they buy item, item shipped to them in Japan, they batch ship the item to U.S. with other people's stuff to save on shipping costs, then they ship the item to you). I'm sure if you request EMS from Japan they'll do it though. Mainly their benefit is that their commission fees are cheaper than anyone else I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back