Where is the cheapest place to buy new 580's/590's?
Oct 24, 2002 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bthorny

100+ Head-Fier
I think I will get one of these just not sure where I will be getting them yet.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 11
I think a few people said you can get the 580's on ebay for $129 from hififorless.com

Oct 24, 2002 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 11
580's are usually going for $150. do an internet search.

forget about eBay - those fools are paying MORE than lowest internet prices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
listening to Shannon - "Give Me Tonight". Grado SR80's: tight bass, bright highs, clear mids.

Oct 24, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 11
Hififorless(which doesn't even list senn cans on their site) is selling 580's and 590's now for buyitnow $150 on ebay.

And as to the "Ebay is now more than retail" thing - it was, but now it has stabilized, in addition to starting to define, at the after-market price to the retail price. Headphones are a small market, and easy to overlook/not know a good price for, which is why I was able to get the DT770's for $80. Many have anecdotes of great deals off ebay, but the majority on ebay is usually a little under retail, just like retail is usually a little under MSRP. It has become, for all intensive purposes, the "online mall" that everyone envisioned becoming the standard 4-8 years ago, and that failed utterly at the time. You will probably find many more permanent reseller items, at near-retail prices on ebay now than small incidentals that people found in their closets.

Oct 25, 2002 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 11
Have to agree with the previous comment. Ebay is more of a store these days: it seems like a price is established for an item, and all the auctions go to that price. Supply/demand.
frown.gif

Amazing deals are getting harder and harder to find. . .

Oct 25, 2002 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 11
I got mine from hififorless for $150, well worth the price. If you can find it for less, awesome! Just remember to report it to head-fi or you're in for a flogging
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 11
I ended up getting the 590's factory refurbed from ubid for 127 shipped.
smily_headphones1.gif
which I think is a pretty sweet price.
Espically considering they come with a one yearfactory warranty, Schweet. I can't wait to hear them.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back