Where is The Best Burrito
Sep 29, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
This is a stupid thread because everyone is going to post some random shop they like in thier area. It's not like we'll have any real concensus on what's 'best'.

Who needs a concensus? I want a great Burrito where I travel
eggosmile.gif
Keep posting, especially anyone on the east coast so I don't have to travel 2500 mi for one!

Sep 29, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Cosmic Cantina in Durham and in Chapel Hill, NC. Lots of veggie stuff with a cool 60's theme.

I have been their and I liked, but I thought Carrburrito on Rosemary St. was better.

Sep 29, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #18 of 29
as far as chains go, Chipole. Get the carnitas burrito, with rice, black beans, medium salsa, cheese, sour cream and lettuce. mmmm

Sep 29, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #19 of 29
Used to be right at 8:45 AM every morning, right outside the doors of the company I work at delivered by a truck. The best breakfast burritos you can imagine, piping hot, loaded with all kinds of come-hither ingredients. My favorite was the Italian Sausage with fresh sausage, crammed in with melt-in-your-mouth egg and cheese (and more) inside an oh-so-tender shell, for a fiery explosion of taste and flavor that told you what was happening inside your mouth was just soooo right and felt soooo wrong. And you couldn't just stop, you had to keep eating them, until you had your fill and even then you knew you were coming back the next day. Like an orgasm in your mouth, every morning.
redface.gif

Too bad I moved.
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #20 of 29
The best burritos are probably found in the Mexican neighborhoods in the San Francisco area. I remember the bliss a few years back when visiting. I was blown away and amazed. I think I read somewhere that the San Francisco area is considered the best burrito area in the U.S., but of course, it can be debated and subjective. Understandable.

The best tacos that I've ever tasted were in Tijuana but suprisingly have found really excellent ones in a Mexican neighborhood in Pennsylvania where their targeted customers are Mexicans. There is a growing population. As a result, they are pretty authentic tasting. In most cases, I prefer Mexican food that is targeted for Mexican clients rather than Americans because the flavor is more intense I notice.

I also love lengua tacos and tripas too. This is true authentic Mexican food for the hardcore lovers like me!

580smile.gif

Sep 29, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
as far as chains go, Chipole. Get the carnitas burrito, with rice, black beans, medium salsa, cheese, sour cream and lettuce. mmmm

nice subway-ish burrito
wink.gif

as for Americanized Burritos, i prefer RUbio's to Chipotle tho'

Benito's (fairfax and 3rd; by the gas station)
King Taco - they have a few(LA downtown)
Jim's Burger - they have a few also (State and 1st)
Oki Dog - i think they have like 3 stores (fairfax and 3 blocks up from melrose)
Super Sergio's (convoy street and somewhere near balboa, San Diego)

all i can think of at the moment..

Sep 29, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #22 of 29
Say what you will about Chipotle, but there food is as fresh as any I've had, especially from a chain. They use quality ingredients and do not use microwaves. I also get them for free (some of the time) so I am partial to them. The best breakfast burrito I've had was at Bongos in the Wicker Park section of Chicago. That reminds me, I need to make a reservation for when my wife and I are up there for the marathon.

Sep 29, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #23 of 29
there is a place called "taqueria" kinda close to where i live that makes a great shrimp burrito

but unless you live in saratoga/san jose, the best chain is probably chipotle. i like carnita meat, fresh tomato salsa, pinto beans, rice, sour cream, and cheese

thats good eatin'

Sep 29, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #24 of 29
For chain mexican food... my favorite is Baja Fresh. Tres Tacos (Fish)... I love it...

Chipotle is Mexican inspired food, not Mexican food... I've never known a mexican who puts white rice in his/her burro. That being said, I like eating there better than I do your average fast food place.

For some reason Mountain Dew is my favorite thing to drink while eating Mexican food. They just taste good together. OOOOhhhh, but if a particular Mexican food restaurant has Orange Bang! then I get that.

Sep 29, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #25 of 29
Though it may not be a true Mexican burrito, Chipotle's burritos are king over all other burrito's I've had. I have yet to eat one that surpasses Chipotle. What can I say, I'm a fanboy!
biggrin.gif

Aditya

Sep 29, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #26 of 29
I started on those monster burritos at law school, since there were so many places (Anna's Taqueria, Boca Grande) near HLS. Then getting back to San Francisco, I settled into the very yuppie, but pretty good Tlaloc in the Financial District.

Then 2.5 years in Japan - no burritos at all. Desperately happy to return to the states, I come to NYC looking for a decent burrito and what is there?

Chipotle...

Ergh. I dunno. All I'll say is if you have a chance, check out Anna's in Boston (who would have thunk it?? Boston!) or probably most of the other recommendations in this thread...

Ah... found it. The Burrito Blog!

http://www.burritoblog.com/massachus...nnas_taqueria/

Best,

-Jason

Sep 29, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
I've gotta go with Alfredos It's just off Western on Carson in Carson, CA (or is it still Torrance there?). Their Carne Asada is to die for!

DUDE! You must take me there!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back