Where is the ASIO plugin for Foobar?
Nov 3, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 26
I put the 2 folders in the "components folder" of Foobar. I started a new session under these instructions...

"Download the ASIO plugin for Foobar. Then manually type in 192000 for your sampling rate, set your bit depth to 24 padded to 32 and change your output to ASIO. Once you've selected ASIO for your output click the go to settings button and select E-MU ASIO as your output device. Start a new session in patch mix for 192kHz +4 minimum. Then insert a send in the stereo ASIO Strip."

I dont have ANY sound at all and get this error in Foobar

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 32 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_output_asio(dll).dll, reason: Multiple copies of DLL with the same file name found.
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_output_asio(dll).dll, reason: Multiple copies of DLL with the same file name found.

I need help please!

Nov 3, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 26
edit: for being wrong.

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 26
the page says it works with versions 0.8.2 and 0.8.3

I have foobar 0.8.3 installed and am using the exe version of the above file.

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #10 of 26
That's the error Foorbar displays when it has found more than one copy of the same DLL file. Did you make sure that you did not extract to more than one folder in the Foobar directory ? If unsure, make sure that there is only one of each of the ASIO files in the zip you downloaded in the Foobar- and subdirectories.

ASIO in my experience work well in Foorbar, even in the latest version (0.83?)

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 26
You need to extract only one file from the zip file. If your CPU is a P4 then you can use the SSE3 version. If your CPU is an Athlon64 then you can use the SSE2 version. If it is an AthlonXP or P3 then you can use the SSE version. If it is a regular Athlon or lower or a P2 or lower then you should use the Normal version.

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
You need to extract only one file from the zip file. If your CPU is a P4 then you can use the SSE3 version. If your CPU is an Athlon64 then you can use the SSE2 version. If it is an AthlonXP or P3 then you can use the SSE version. If it is a regular Athlon or lower or a P2 or lower then you should use the Normal version.

ok... what about the "bin" file? What do I do what that? Right now I put the SSE2 dll file in the component dir and I now get this...

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 31 ms
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "cdda://00FD6002,01" (0)
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 96000 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 32 bits, 2 channels
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 0] : Int16LSB
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 1] : Int16LSB
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : unsupported output data format.

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

The general concesus around here is ASIO doesn't work on the newest versions of FOOBAR. Don't waste you time for no audio improvement. kernal streaming is fine. I spend days trying to get it to work. It won't.

I disagree. I've never had an issue with any version of foobar's compatibility with any version of ASIO; any combination of the two work for me (I use SSE for my AthlonXP at home and SSE2 for my Xeon workstation at the office). I was using foobar2000 .81, .82, .83 with ASIO .40, .41 and .42.

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar

Mr Radar, how would you feel if I gave ya a phone call... I see we are both in MN. I could use some advice on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back