Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Feb 3, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,381 of 1,964
Do you know these people or are you making up inferences to get your word in this thread and stir the muck?
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No majority of people are not this stupid. Alone in my local town there was a family doctor screwed up once, he was sued, lost his practice. But you know what, since he is such a nice guy, and only did it once, his malpractice should be tolerated...

On the other hand, there ARE doctors who have multiple malpractice lawsuits filed against them. you can find them in your states medical board listings.

I guess if you do something significant enough (what exactly did your local doctor do?) they could pull your license though.
Quote:

And yes a friends father other screwed up at a patent law firm. One screw up, has been disbarred from practicing law indefinitely. Again he broke the law, but it's OK since he's my friend's father, and he didn't do to all of his clients...

Do you have any idea how hard it is to actually get a lawyer disbarred?
Even if they have done something immoral, and inappropriate it is still a tricky matter.

Perhaps you could provide additional details. If there was OBVIOUS intent to cause harm, or "cheat" the client out of his patent disbarment could be inevitable. If it was a simple mistake (and who is to tell the bar that one of their own made the drawing error when the originals were submitted by some schmuck off the street?) You dont support this point with the specfics...
Quote:

I do not think I am exaggerating at all, as I know a contractor who messed up on a house that didn't have proper ventilation and a family member died from monoxide poisoning, yep it was just one failure, but he's out of business, and serving prison time.

Got a link to a story in the paper?
Again, there are no specfic details. as sad as it is for some to grasp, accidents happen. And you know what, we go on living. except the ones who die. What exactly caused the contractor you know to be jailed?

you are extraordinarily vague in your posts.

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #1,382 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a link to a story in the paper?

I think this is the story that he was talking about. I'm not sure if that plumbing contractor went to jail for it though.

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #1,383 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
elrod-tom,

Very well said. Thanks.

X2. Very, very well put elrod-tom.

As Nikongod asked you mbd2884 are you just commenting to stir up the muck? IMHO the muck doesn't need to be stirred up as Mikhail has a lot of negative comments in here. If I was a new or current member reading this thread about Singlepower it would better assist me if I could read members with experience with SP or offering advice to those that have issues with SP. Just stirring up the pot (muck) IMHO isn't helpful to those that are involved with SP or are trying to get more info about SP. As Elrod-tom put it so eloquently:

Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That goes for those who have good AND bad things to say...though it would be better if most of the "talking" were done by actual SinglePower customers.

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #1,384 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...though it would be better if most of the "talking" were done by actual SinglePower customers.

Totally concur. Too many bloody stupid comments from people whom have had no dealings with SP.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #1,385 of 1,964
Yes, it's too bad there is so much flaming in this thread. That just makes it more difficult for potential customers to weed out the real issues. Who wants to read 90+ pages, at least half of which are from people just venting their opinions?

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #1,386 of 1,964
well, i mean, flaming is a opinion =)

We are pretty much all adults here....we can consider a flame a releasing of one's inner anger....hehehehe

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #1,387 of 1,964
This thread has lost it's way...

This seems like more of an advertisement for Mikhail than anything else. People are still ordering amps from him. Per my last conversation with the man, he is doing more than 60% of his business in China anyways...

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #1,388 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This seems like more of an advertisement for Mikhail than anything else. People are still ordering amps from him.

Well, I've got to say that I've got NO idea exactly what you're getting at here.

This thread screams "buyer beware" as loudly as any on this site. How we go from there to it being an ad for SinglePower? Just because a few folks have said that, once upon a time, Mikhail did right by them?

A little perspective is in order, I think.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #1,389 of 1,964
I have to say that I don't agree with the "Only SP owners should comment" idea. I think that, if only SP owners were commenting, they would still be telling each other "It's all right, things will get better" because 90% of them haven't had any problems. I think the gradual movement towards "Maybe I should be doing something about this" was directly due to the non-SP owners screaming "What the %$^* are you guys thinking, you can't let him treat you like this!"

It's very hard to get "out of the box" thinking when only people inside the box get to comment.

Just my two cents
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #1,390 of 1,964
I apologize for making it harder for the community to distinguish between postings of SP owners and observers like myself.

Each time I posted, I was compelled to do so as I haven't read anything this appalling before. The tolerance and lack of action among those who have suffered continues to amaze me, and while its great some of you had good experience, my impression of "good" is highly exaggerated. As from what I read throughout this thread, even those who had success with Mikhail still suffered poor communication from Mikhail, delayed shipments and false tracking numbers. To me, that's not good, just lucky your problems did not extend to what Icarium in particular recently suffered.

I have been harsh on Mikhail because I don't see how his past good relations with others have any impact or relation to the current situation. His bad dealings are separate events from his past supposed good service, which I still think is very exaggerated.

Anywas, this thread continues to interest me the most of all the threads, as its disheartening to read respected contributors of this community being treated such a way.

And I agree with earwicker7 that to me this thread wasn't just about SP owners, but a sharing of their experiences and a warning to other Head-Fiers. Considering how open some of the SP owners have been, this thread has become a shared experience for anyone who cares about this community.

And I am not looking for an excuse for my past postings as I don't regret posting them. I did edit them frequently read over what I had posted. I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions which is perfectly fine, its what makes this community so interesting.

As to Nikongod's inquiries I will not be disclosing as it was my "FRIEND's" father and the doctor is quite well known by family and our friends also. This is not the place to disclose such events, they did not make the state or national news, remained local, if my vague posting bothered you, well too bad, I'm not going to clarify any of that. Can say that yes the lawyer was disbarred and has been unable to find a job equivalent to his law degree. Unfortunate but we all make our decisions and have to suffer the consequences.

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #1,392 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This seems like more of an advertisement for Mikhail than anything else. People are still ordering amps from him. Per my last conversation with the man, he is doing more than 60% of his business in China anyways...

Maybe you can get the thread back on track and elaborate on the last sentence of your post.

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #1,393 of 1,964
Quote:

As from what I read throughout this thread, even those who had success with Mikhail still suffered poor communication from Mikhail, delayed shipments and false tracking numbers.

I don't think this is accurate. I never experienced any such problems, and I'm sure that others did not also -- although the "good" times may have been some time ago.

Anyway, this just reinforces the point made by elrod-tom earlier, as non-SP owners tend to extrapolate and make assumptions from certain comments made by others, such that it's like one of those story chains you used to do as kids where the kid at the end of the line tells a materially different story from the kid who started it.

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #1,394 of 1,964
Wouldn't go that far considering there are a number of posts that can found where people stated that while they were able to contact Mikhail, but still experienced delays with their shipment, fake tracking numbers and screened phone calls. And that Mikhail was known for this years ago also, far back as 2003, not just recent.

Either way, I will refrain from posting so often, but will remain my most watched thread though.

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #1,395 of 1,964
Quote:

Wouldn't go that far considering there are a number of posts that can found where people stated that while they were able to contact Mikhail, but still experienced delays with their shipment, fake tracking numbers and screened phone calls. And that Mikhail was known for this years ago also, far back as 2003, not just recent.

Either way, I will refrain from posting so often, but will remain my most watched thread though.

Back to 2003 .... nonsense? He had just started making amps as of around June of 2003 and was a one man operation. You really shouldnt post if you dont know what you are talking about.

To quote PhilS ....

I don't think this is accurate. I never experienced any such problems, and I'm sure that others did not also -- although the "good" times may have been some time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back