Where is ROTK: Special Edition?
May 26, 2004 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zeplin

1000+ Head-Fier
I was excited today to not only have a copy of the theatrical version (I can't wait for the special edition, too long) of ROTK, but to also be able to get a sneak peak of the special edition ROTK! And because the sneak peeks were on the first two DVD's special features, I assumed it would naturally be on this version amongst all of the special features. But alas, it is not.
mad.gif
frown.gif
Does anyone know why it was not included? Or am I just not looking hard enough? Does everyone have what I have? I hope it's released soon somewhere (Internet, or TV special) because I was really looking forward to seeing all the previews of the extra scenes.

May 26, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 9
The Platinum Editions don't normally come out until around November or so. I guess all the special effects and such they have to add, along with the extra sales for those impatient enough to buy the regular version, all push it back for several months. I'm waiting until the PE comes out. The extra footage is WELL worth it IME.

May 26, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 9
NO no. as i said in my first post...
I'm talking about an inside look/sneak preview of the special, extended edition DVD...sort of a trailer for all the new, added scenes. i did not say the special edition movie itself. with the FOTR, and TTT, both had, in the special features section, a sneak preview showing little snips of the added scenes which were going to be put into the extended version. my question is, why didn't this appear in the ROTK special features of the DVD released today? i will admit, and i am a LOTR freak, that i mainly wanted to get the DVD version released today solely for the special extended edition preview, sneak peak, teaser trailor, whatever you wish to call it.

May 26, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #5 of 9
Ack!

What a bummer to hear. No extended edition preview this time around, eh? I'm guessing it's because the DVD was released a lot earlier this time around. The theatrical releases of the first two LOTR DVDs were both like late-August right? So maybe they didn't have time to prepare a preview. Or maybe they're just being lazy.
tongue.gif
It's too bad, whatever the case. More waiting... *sigh*

May 26, 2004 at 11:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

I'm guessing it's because the DVD was released a lot earlier this time around.

now that you've pointed it out, that makes perfect sense as this DVD has been released far earlier than the first two were (we're talking months in advance). if in fact this is the case, i would have rather waited to let them completely finish. there is also not as much bonus material overall compared to the first two. oh well.
frown.gif
like you said, more waiting, which means more patience...something that is hard to do when it comes to LOTR.
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 9
Could it be because they're still debating as to whether or not they're going to add the Scouring of the Shire?
biggrin.gif

This dvd is being released before FOTR and TTT were released in their cycles, so they may have not yet know what's going to be on the extended yet.

May 26, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 9
My bad zeplin. I misunderstood what you were saying. Since I didn't own the standard videos I have no idea about the previews of the upcoming EE.

Plainsong,

I sure hope they add some scenes to it like the Scourging and such. It was weird for the second movie to end and suddenely the Palantir (sp?) ended up in the water at ground level when there's no explanation as to how it got out of the tower.

May 27, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #9 of 9
And wouldn't it only take one extra scene to get Eowen and Faramir together? As I remember from the book, they got together pretty quick.

And it'd be cool to see Aragorn having to put up with the local expert who knows nothing, and trying to heal everybody.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back