Where is Ken Law?
Oct 8, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #212 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcktr
I completed my donation to the Storm Digital D02A fund on 7/29/06, I was order #25.
Ron
I guess I need to start DAC shopping again

For around that same price, the DA100 looks to be pretty good. It's very tempting when you see how good it looks with it's amp counterpart.

(I love the donation line, btw.)

Oct 8, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #213 of 217
yes the da100 does look good. the plus sides tot he storm was that it was NOS and was battery powered, and apparently looked to include usb > i2s rather than usb > spdif.

the more i tihnk about the conversations everyone has had with him, and how every quesiton has been responded with "yes it will come with that" the more it seems like a scam. im hoping against hope hells send me a dac, but the more i reflect on his manner...

he probably set out with good intentions with the D02, and perhaps personal problems forced him to use all our money which is probably at least 15k USD, for some personal end.

anyway, we will either get it or we wont, there not much point in raving about getting revenge etc.

Oct 8, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #214 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_cs
yes the da100 does look good. the plus sides tot he storm was that it was NOS and was battery powered, and apparently looked to include usb > i2s rather than usb > spdif.

the more i tihnk about the conversations everyone has had with him, and how every quesiton has been responded with "yes it will come with that" the more it seems like a scam. im hoping against hope hells send me a dac, but the more i reflect on his manner...

he probably set out with good intentions with the D02, and perhaps personal problems forced him to use all our money which is probably at least 15k USD, for some personal end.

anyway, we will either get it or we wont, there not much point in raving about getting revenge etc.

Someone also mentioned wordclock promise.
BTW if you are after NOS, DA100 has oversampling bypass switch.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #215 of 217
It looks as if Ken Law is back? I see there is a Storm Audio Pandora available at Coem audio. The picture on the Australia site looks as if it is the same case that was on the D02a.
Ron

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #216 of 217

Users who are viewing this thread

Back