Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
Unless they are the same person..
frown.gif

twas also my concern

this alvin fellow seems to be conning y'all and i'd want proof that he's not

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #139 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
I'm sorry I have nothing to add that will help your situation. I just wanted to post that I've been keeping up with this thread, and in the event that you do not recieve your DACs ( I still hope they show for you) I would like to make uzziah's suggestion of a refund donation fund a reality. I will pledge $100.00 to this fund, if the need arrises. Not sure when it would be prudent to start one, but I'll let all of the people who sent money to Ken decide that. I just want to say that this is what this community is all about, not just getting together for the good times, but the bad as well.

see...this is the headfi community, why i love this place; i think if it did go to a donation fund you'd have a lot of headfi'ers supporting; it could take awhile to raise everything lost, but little by little i think headfi'ers would help; another suggestion would be to have some of the "contributer" fee on headfi to go to these folks.

but it would behoove to finish all paypal disputes beforehand unless they are the sort of thing that drags on forever

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #140 of 217
Don't kiss your money good-bye yet. If you used a credit card, dispute through your credit card not Paypal... Paypal will contact you anyway once they receive your dispute from the credit card companies. My theory is that multiple chargebacks from all the different banks that issued our cards will have a lot more clout than individual disputes through Paypal.

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #141 of 217
Is there much you can do if you payed via your checking account through Paypal? From what I understand, if the money isn't in the receiving ends account, you're S.O.L.

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #142 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Is there much you can do if you payed via your checking account through Paypal? From what I understand, if the money isn't in the receiving ends account, you're S.O.L.

As i understand paypal--you would still be covered.Paypal still charged 3% for there services.

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #143 of 217
If you paid through your checking account I would still dispute through Paypal... even if it is beyond their 30 day (or whatever) window. The more disputes they receive, the more likely something will be done to get our money back. You may not know this about Paypal but they have been involved in many lawsuits due to what some would call unethical practices... mainly acting like a bank when they simply are not. I can't verify this but I have read that they've seized money from people's accounts where they felt appropriate.

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #144 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
twas also my concern

this alvin fellow seems to be conning y'all and i'd want proof that he's not

I also suspect this, and there is evidence to support it.

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #145 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
I also suspect this, and there is evidence to support it.

My wife thinks that Alvin and Ken are the same person. I say track down the other thread in which Ken posted once, and have the mods trace the IP's. Ken gave quite an immediate response when I originally sent a payment to Alvin. Mr. Fok wasn't concerned so much about Ken scamming him, but rather us putting chargebacks through. Plus, I couldn't get a response from Alvin either. He just happened to find this thread on this board in this forum, and ignore all the previous emails and didn't even think about contacting Ken himself. Yet we're to believe he doesn't know this information? Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure she's right on this.

Hehehe....will this do what I think it will if I send it to him? I figure if he won't read it, maybe his government will...

Subject: Regarding your questions about Freedom and Liberty

Hey Ken,

I know you said to discuss this over the phone, but I won't be available. Besides, I don't believe your government will care. You said you wanted to know about freedom. Well, basically, it's being able to do what you want. It's people being able to control the government (whether it be Chinese, whatever). The economic format is capitalism, in which individuals can rise to their own power independent of any governmental regulation in most cases. I don't know what you mean by "overthrow", so I can't help you there.

However, I don't agree with your politics. It made me very uncomfortable like you were going to do something violent against your country. I would hate to think you would do that in the name of freedom. That's not the American way. I don't know what you mean when you say you have your own "shop" where you build these things with built in clock functions. I only hope it isn't true. Freedom can be good, but conspiring against your government is not.

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #146 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander
My wife thinks that Alvin and Ken are the same person.

If this is true than everyone should IMMEDIATLY challenge the charge via PayPal.

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #147 of 217
My problem is that I payed 6/2006 with Western Union. Last email from him was 23.8. about estimated shipping - end of August to the mid of September. He attached 3D model of D02A.
confused.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #148 of 217
Well I would expect everyone to go through the motions of filing their complaints via PayPal or their respective credit card companies. And of coarse we'd want some kind of verification that you actually paid for a DAC from Ken (there's always some schmuck looking for a free handout). But anybody left holding the bag would be welcome to file for a refund from this fund, if we can find someone willing to set it up for us. I could PayPay direct to one of the victims, or we could have a fund set up with someone in charge of dispersing the moneys to the individuals involved. I feel kind of sick about this whole thing (probably not as sick as the people who gave money to Ken), and I think this forum would rally behind all of you. I suck at the business end of setting up something like this, but if someone would take the reigns there, I'm good at opening my wallet for a friend who's been taken advantage of. I know it might be too early to proceed, but would someone like akwok or Thaddy, who's a well known Head-Fier and is directly affected by these events be willing to organize something? Or anyone else you might choose.

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #149 of 217
Quote:

It made me very uncomfortable like you were going to do something violent against your country. I would hate to think you would do that in the name of freedom. That's not the American way.

Uh, well, there's the American Revolution.

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #150 of 217
Quote:

I say track down the other thread in which Ken posted once, and have the mods trace the IP's.

I'm one step ahead of you. I already had tyrion do this. As it turns out, AlvinF and Ken do not have the same IP, but they are both within the same range, meaning they could still be the same person if he has a static IP, which most people have these days. What's more, they both have the same ISP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back