Where is Ken Law?
Oct 1, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #77 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
The sh!t is really going to hit the fan around here if he's just scammed us all.

How so? What can we actually do about it besides not recommend business that he won't even give?

edited: all of the information I have on this guy, from storm digital's website:

Contacts
Tel:
frown.gif
852)35980245,(852)97797770(Hongkong)

Tel
frown.gif
86)755-82186233(China)

Email:stormdigital@gmail.com,info@storm-digital.com

Other contacts

QQ:568955217

MSN:legoman@diyaudio.org

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #79 of 217
I just pray that he is OK as I'm in the same opinion that when last spoken to him in August, he seemed to be a responsible person.

I was promised my replacement around end September & I got no reply too when I email him few days ago.

Regards

frown.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #80 of 217
003 said:
I dont know Eddie Wu but could we have him check up on ken? You did say you would be willing to offer money for somebody to do it, mabey he would?

That is a good idea--i hope things work out for you guys.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #81 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Hey wait a minute!

The thing isn’t even really late and you should have expected it to be late. So what’s the big uproar over when he’s known to be “not responsive”, late with delivery and withdraws when behind schedule.

The end of September- what’s that Friday at midnight?

With his known history and background I think you’re all over reacting. Yeah he could respond to your emails and say “no I’m not working I’m responding to you email”.

Making inflammatory statements here when you don’t know anything is foolish.

I for one am all for holding a manufacturers feet to the fire but you have to have reasonable expectations and this item is not really late and it would be reasonable to believe it will be late so chill out.

Mitch

is this meant to be satire, or are you serious?

your tune has changed since the last thread hasnt it.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #82 of 217
The issue isn't so much that the DAC is or will be late, it's the lack of communication. I am sorry, but answering customers email on occasion doesn't take so much time that he won't finish the DAC. I think the customers would rather wait some extra time if the guy was communicating with them. This is not Mikhail, who has a sterling reputation on Head-Fi and is accorded well deserved slack if he doesn't respond right away (which is rare, imo). People know he will deliver. Ken Law does not have any of that good will built up so these people are rightfully nervous.

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #83 of 217
Hello to all,

My name is Alvin Fok. My name may be familiar to some of you, but could have been under better conditions. I am the guy that some of you sent your Paypal money to for Ken.

First off, I am not associated in Ken's bussiness. The reason I'm writing this is I received mails about dispute via my Paypal account for item not received.

My part for this matter is merely a middleman for Ken and his customers that wanted to send him money via Paypal as Ken doesn't have a Paypal account (so I was told).

I did a Google search and found this thread / forum, did a very brief reading and thought I better post here to response once and for all.

All the funds that was sent to Ken were all transfered to him and the Paypal dispute thing is doing a not so good thing for my Paypal account.

I tried calling Ken on his # (97797770) today but there is no answer. I will try calling him again tomorrow (it's past midnight here now)

Best Regards to all

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #84 of 217
“your tune has changed since the last thread hasnt it.”

Well Since you asked.

Damn right! Yesterday was the last day in September 09-30-2006

“if the D02A was still on for September.”
“the estimated shipping date was 9/20 and he was about to send me actual pictures of it.”
“I was promised my replacement around end September”

So we only have a vague reference to the end of September? That was Yesterday and this thread has been going for over a week already.

The frigg’n thing isn’t late by any stretch of the imagination. It ain’t like it’s 6 months out or even a day late. If it ships in the next 2 weeks that would be normal for a small scale manufacturer.

Yes my tune has changed since this is a different set of circumstances and the behavior of the members here is uncalled for.

You didn’t get a specific delivery date- you got a generalized time frame. You’re bitching because it didn’t meet your expectations. Your expectations were unreasonable and wrong. Plus or minus 2 weeks on something like this should be expected- so 2 weeks into October can be considered reasonable for a projected end of September shipping date.

Think about it Yesterday was the last day of September. The poor guy is probably bust’n his ass building your DACS making pennies an hour since he under estimated the work required and you’re tarring and feathering him since he doesn’t spend his life playing on the internet answering your emails. I could be wrong but unless he started out to rip you off he’s most likely surrounded with expensive DAC components, a lot of work ahead and nothing but hostile, ungrateful customers to contend with. Have you ever tried to bring all the parts together, from multiple vendors with in a reasonable time frame for projects of this scale? It’s hard with a full time crew working for you. Plus to start out a production run- he’s probably in the red.

I could be wrong but you guys didn’t give him a reasonable chance to respond considering the work load he’s under. Combined with the fact it’s just the first day of October and you were told an end of September ship date makes all these complaints pre-mature.

Mitch

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #85 of 217
Quote:

Well Since you asked.

“the estimated shipping date was 9/20 and he was about to send me actual pictures of it.”

So we only have a vague reference to the end of September? That was Yesterday and this thread has been going for over a week already.

The frigg’n thing isn’t late by any stretch of the imagination. It ain’t like it’s 6 months out or even a day late. If it ships in the next 2 weeks that would be normal for a small scale manufacturer.

Yes my tune has changed since this is a different set of circumstances and the behavior of the members here is uncalled for.

You didn’t get a specific delivery date- you got a generalized time frame. You’re bitching because it didn’t meet your expectations. Your expectations were unreasonable and wrong. Plus or minus 2 weeks on something like this should be expected- so 2 weeks into October can be considered reasonable for a projected end of September shipping date.

Think about it Yesterday was the last day of September. The poor guy is probably bust’n his ass building your DACS making pennies an hour since he under estimated the work required and you’re tarring and feathering him since he doesn’t spend his life playing on the internet answering your emails. I could be wrong but unless he started out to rip you off he’s most likely surrounded with expensive DAC components, a lot of work ahead and nothing but hostile, ungrateful customers to contend with. Have you ever tried to bring all the parts together, from multiple vendors with in a reasonable time frame for projects of this scale? It’s hard with a full time crew working for you. Plus to start out a production run- he’s probably in the red.

I could be wrong but you guys didn’t give him a reasonable chance to respond considering the work load he’s under. Combined with the fact it’s just the first day of October and you were told an end of September ship date makes all these complaints pre-mature.

Mitch

If you were in the same situation, you'd be bitching along with the rest of us. It's been three weeks without a peep out of Ken - the fact that Alvin (above), and even his distributors for Australia, Korea, and Japan can't get a hold of Ken should be enough cause for concern. Three weeks ago, phoning up either 3 of his telephone numbers would've resulted in an answer without any hassle at all.

Now if you phone his 97797770 number, sometimes nobody picks up, but sometimes you get a busy signal.

If you don't have anything beneficial to add this thread, don't post. Acting like a dick isn't going to help the cause. Considering you don't know Ken, you don't know how he acts, and you don't even know the whole story regarding the situation, back off.

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #86 of 217
Quote:

Well Since you asked.

Mitch

Most of the customers are unhappy due to the LACK of communication i guess, not abt the late delivery. This is where i got wrong in the first place. The fact that he cant be found has naturally aroused a lot of suspicion and mistrust and you really cant blame the customers for that. He might have some very very valid excuse for the late delivery, but he should at least said something, or anything for that matter to inform people he is still alive.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #87 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlvinF
Hello to all,

My name is Alvin Fok. My name may be familiar to some of you, but could have been under better conditions. I am the guy that some of you sent your Paypal money to for Ken.

First off, I am not associated in Ken's bussiness. The reason I'm writing this is I received mails about dispute via my Paypal account for item not received.

My part for this matter is merely a middleman for Ken and his customers that wanted to send him money via Paypal as Ken doesn't have a Paypal account (so I was told).

I did a Google search and found this thread / forum, did a very brief reading and thought I better post here to response once and for all.

All the funds that was sent to Ken were all transfered to him and the Paypal dispute thing is doing a not so good thing for my Paypal account.

I tried calling Ken on his # (97797770) today but there is no answer. I will try calling him again tomorrow (it's past midnight here now)

Best Regards to all

Please keep trying
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #89 of 217
Quote:

Well Since you asked.

Mitch

have i once complained about kens timeliness in this thread??

people who have not had correspondence with ken for a month have a right to at least QUERY what is going on. noone is baying for blood yet. human nature might yet be grasped by you.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #90 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hello Alvin,

Are you situated in Hong Kong, and have you ever met Ken in person?

Thanks,
Adrian

Quote:

What kind of a question is that? Will you accept money for him using your own paypal account? DID YOU?

Maybe you should have done it in the first hand and safe me all this trouble!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
It was a perfectly legitimate question.. I am just wondering if you're in Hong Kong, and if so, whether you could help us find Ken.

I did not mean any offense, I don't know where you got that notion from.

-Adrian

Quote:

Legit? How legit is that?
Are you his legal adviser / legal representative?

You posted his shop address as 249 apliu street.
Who gave you that info? Who gave you the authorizatio nto disclose that piece of info?

Have you been to that place?

Do you know anybody that works there? or the owner of that place? Even the name of the operation there?

Do you have any written / verbal consent from them?
I know answers to all these questions.

Tell me what you know and then we start talking about legit.

BTW, how much reward are you offering for these info? Maybe you'll take care of all those possible charge-backs?

What the hell? I'm absolutely flabbergasted by the responses.

Who are you Alvin, and how are you related to Ken? Why do you care if I disclose his shop location?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back