Where in the chain to include Schiit Fulla 3?
Jan 21, 2021 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

will75

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi - here is my setup:

-Desktop PC with Soundblaster Z sound card.
-Schiit Modius DAC (incoming)
-Schiit Valhalla 2 amp (incoming) as well as a Darkvoice 336se (incoming) (I'll switch between the two depending on the music and headphones)
-headphones and also have klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers.
-Schiit Fulla 3

My question:

Can you line out exactly what I need to connect to make this all work, in particular how to get the Schiit Fulla 3 in the equation. It is designed for usb power or wall but basically connects to the computer via usb. It has a preamp output and analog input, looks like 3.5mm.

I need the fulla because I have a set of Sennheiser 360's I use for gaming that have the headphone and mic 3.5's and I want to be able to plug them in only when gaming and have the fulla 3 bypassed when not in use (of at least the sound goes back to the speakers I have or headphones I hook in to the valhalla 2 or darkvoice).

I'm guessing for the rest it goes optical cable from sound card to dac, rca cables from dac to amp. Where does the Fulla 3 go and with what connectors?

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Some pics if it helps:

creative_z_08-645x299.jpg

modius rr silver 1920.jpg

val2-rear-1920.jpg

fulla 3 blk knob rr 1920.jpg

Jan 21, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm thinking this is actually not possible. I may just use the amp/dac for the headphones and buy a separate mic for gaming and plug that directly in to the sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back