Where have I been? New Toy ~ Pics ~
Apr 29, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
Nice bike. Is that a 1200 Sportster Custom?

Regardless, welcome to the club.

Here's my '96 Fat Boy, which you won't find in a dealer either
wink.gif
. I've posted it here once before, but I'm a show-off
tongue.gif
:

Awesome scoot! Nice paint. Riding season is around the corner
icon10.gif

The rubber mounted Sporties are a nice ride. You can turn these bikes into a touring bagger or strip and bob it out. Like the Fatboy very versatile. This 1200cc engine on the smaller bike just screams. I have cleaned the clocks of a few friends that have Dynas. Now the Screaming eagle 103" Fatboy I'd be afraid of
eek.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
Awesome scoot! Nice paint. Riding season is around the corner
icon10.gif

The rubber mounted Sporties are a nice ride. You can turn these bikes into a touring bagger or strip and bob it out. Like the Fatboy very versatile. This 1200cc engine on the smaller bike just screams. I have cleaned the clocks of a few friends that have Dynas. Now the Screaming eagle 103" Fatboy I'd be afraid of
eek.gif

Yeah, the Sporty has always been the most nimble and fastest of the Harleys, well at least until they purchased Buell. As far as Harleys go, the Sporster is a great bang-for-the-buck.

I'm in Michigan, so riding season has just begun. Average high temps around the mid 60's. I'll definitely be going out today. If I had to guess, it looks like you may be in California. If so, I'd imagine your riding season is much longer than mine.

Apr 29, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentamcolin
And a Ducati?

Nice, but I'm just not partial to sportbikes. The Monster® bikes were kinda cool before everybody and their mother got one (I live near an ARMY base, I think they give you a Monster 620 when you enlist).

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 20
Mine is an ST4s - 4 valves, dry clutch, loud pipes, & love it. The only Monster I'd really be interested in is the new S4Rs. There are a lot of Harley's around where I live and I've seen more than a few that I could happily go cruising around on. I had a Triumph cruiser before and liked having that. A lot of Harley guys would strike up a conversation because they were intersted in the bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back