Where/from whom to buy customized KCS-75s?
May 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

synesthesiac

New Head-Fier
I've gone through 10 pairs of KCS-75s and I'm about to buy another. What I'd rather do is spend more money on someone replacing the cable with something high quality - I don't have the time or patience to do this currently. I was also thinking about spray painting the nasty cases on these things. Anyway, I'm pretty sure what has broken on the ~10 pairs I've had is the cable (every time). The other consistent defect is buzzing/rattling in one of the speakers (but this usually goes away). Without these two issues and a nice coat of black or white paint - these headphones are ideal for my usage pattern.

Ideas? Thanks!

May 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Sounds like a recable is in order. BTG audio or Headphone Lounge should be able to help out. 

You could also contact Ron at Hiflight Mods to see about additional modifications like headband mounting, resin coating, among others. 

Also, what the heck are you doing to the 75s that makes you go through em so quick?! I've had two pairs for over 6 months and neither have had any issues or defects!

Cheers 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back