where does it all go when you die?
Apr 22, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chia-pet
a fairly unique dialect of chinese. its pretty close to cantonese imo, but different enough that its practically a different language. mandarin folks call it taisan, and toisan speakers call it hoisan.

cool. i thought there was only 2 forms of chinese
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
toisan?

I'm not Chinese but I know about the language. I was at a meeting last week (at Berkeley, with a bunch of engineers), and there happened to be 2 different people who spoke Toisan in the same room. They were pretty surprised. I thought it very unusual.

Apr 23, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #33 of 37
Depends on what I'm doing:
If something extreme/doing something with somebody = they get it.
If doing something dumb (like drinking) then it goes nowhere, it just sits.
If I'm like honored as dying during battle or something it goes in my room and it will be sealed and undisturbed.
If anything else It'll just probably have been distributed already and I'll just have a speaker setup for my familia!

Apr 24, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGPOD
Mister McManus --

My headphone setup is definitely going to be cremated...
When I go to heaven, all of my riches are coming with me!

Me too, except I won't be having my stuff cremated.

If I may be so bold: It's coming with me, physically, to the other world! END OF STORY!
evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #36 of 37
No idea. Most of the coolest guys around here already have gear better than mine, so I'd probably leave it to one of my close friends who I would hope would use and appreciate it.

Jul 21, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #37 of 37
I have a 1972 Marantz receiver that I bought a few years ago. I have the feeling that the original owner is probably dead. I also have a Zippo lighter and a Bulova wrist watch from the 1950s and the original owners are probably dead too.

Lastly, I have a 1930s Western Electric telephone and I’m pretty sure the previous owner is dead too.

If I own something very old and I like it, I feel that it’s best to take care of it and treat it respectfully. As a gear lover, it gives me a sense of satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back