Where do you North Carolina Head-Fi members live?
Aug 25, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #16 of 30
his thread definitely needs a revived BUMP!! Especially since the success of the get together held by @TheChillburger earlier this month. Work, Army, and my EMT class takes up all my time but small get together's are always fun. 

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #18 of 30
Ahh we basically right down the road from each other, I'm Charlotte. Who else we got in NC? Anyone get to attend the Piano Guys concert =? I couldn't quite budget the cost of travel and 80-90 a ticket :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #25 of 30
  Charlotte here.  Does anyone know of any places to try out headphones?  I'm thinking I may be stuck ordering and returning to Amazon.

There's a store in charlotte that sells Grado, Bowers & Wilkins & PSB called Audio Advice but they're primarily for high end home speakers, but other than that I haven't been able to find any either which is a huge upset seeing how large and how much money is in Charlotte. But we've a good decent amount of people close to Charlotte we could try and set up a small local get together. My attendance depends on work, drill as well as EMT class (which is why I couldn't make the last local one 
frown.gif
)

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #26 of 30

There's a store in charlotte that sells Grado, Bowers & Wilkins & PSB called Audio Advice but they're primarily for high end home speakers, but other than that I haven't been able to find any either which is a huge upset seeing how large and how much money is in Charlotte. But we've a good decent amount of people close to Charlotte we could try and set up a small local get together. My attendance depends on work, drill as well as EMT class (which is why I couldn't make the last local one 
frown.gif
)

That was the only place I was able to find as well.  I was disappointed that they limited themselves to those brands, but it's better than nothing.  I've resigned myself to buying on Amazon with Prime and returning for ~$8 shipping.

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #28 of 30
I suppose I could put something together if there is enough interest. Smallish sounds good to me but if it grows then we'll just do what is necessary. Either way, I will just make sure Fatcat does all the work
blink.gif

I just placed an interest check post so please check that out and respond accordingly. 

Thanks,
Danny

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #30 of 30

I was just aboust to post this exact thing haha.

But ANY interest go to the link and give a shout out, let's set this thing up. I know a hotel in Concord Mills that has HUGE ball rooms but don't know about a price if this get's to be held in something like an individual residence.

EDIT: Also in Charlotte near N Tryon next to Sams Club theres a conference hall that ca easily accomodate a large crowd (again no idea on price) if we get a huge turnout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back