Where do you guys get these sexy headphone stands?
Jul 23, 2006 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

droopy1592

100+ Head-Fier
I saw a thread earlier.... I can't remember the title but he had some equipment in front of his PC testing it and a bunch of cans and he had some nice stands! Where would one go to find these beautiful stands?

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 19
Jul 23, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 19
If those are too expensive for your blood you can always head to your local home accessories store (Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc) and grab a chrome banana hanger. Sometimes hard to find, but are only about $10.

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 19
I was thinking of grabbing some of these and staining them for my computer room.
EDIT: Go to www.kohls.com and search for banana hanger

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 19
The banana hanger sure looks nice, I've already seen a pic arround here with grados hanging on it.

Too bad they don't ship to Europe. Maybe it's better because I still have to finish my homemade headphone stand (started on it about a month ago
eek.gif
)

edit:

If you look at amazon.com for a banana hanger you find way more nice hangers (including the kohls.com one, but cheaper), and you can do head-fi a favor by using that special amazon link. They ship almost everywhere, I guess I'l buy it when I make a big DVD and book order
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #6 of 19
You don't need to pay a lot of money on those pre-made headphone stand, just be creative.

I got a banana hanger and some type of wood stand from Goodwill for 1 dollar each and they look really nice with my Grado RS-1.

Good luck

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 19
Jun 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 19
^ :xf_eek: how much did it cost you altogether and are those custom D2000's or D5000s?

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 19
Definitely looking into some nice metal or chrome stands to go with my silver ha-160ds comin in the mail. And jeez I can never get over just how beautiful modded Denons are /jelly

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

This is my personal favorite, too. Larry Dale does very nice work. They aren't cheap, but they're beautiful and they'll be part of your system for many years. I have two so far and I'm sure I'll place additional orders in the future. 

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

This is my personal favorite, too. Larry Dale does very nice work. They aren't cheap, but they're beautiful and they'll be part of your system for many years. I have two so far and I'm sure I'll place additional orders in the future. 

They are really nice, but they are definitely overpriced.. It just doesn't line up with the work I guess. I also hate how much adding a peg jumps the price up. But they are gorgeous.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
They are really nice, but they are definitely overpriced.. It just doesn't line up with the work I guess. I also hate how much adding a peg jumps the price up. But they are gorgeous.

Honestly, I really do understand the sentiment that they are too pricey. I've always believed that something is worth the price as long as there is someone willing to pay it, though, and I know the guy stays very busy. I keep my headphone rig in my living area, though, so I was happy to pay a premium for something that really added to the room. In person, the T1s look beautiful on the stand I bought for them. For what it's worth, I have the garden hose stand, too lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back