Apr 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #18 of 46
op-shops - markets - garage sales
happy_face1.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #20 of 46

Quote:
+1 on Pandora

-1 on Pandora

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

mad.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #22 of 46

Quote:
Downloading music is bad, mkay. Its illegal in most countries. Never use things like btjunkie. Shame
mad.gif

It sickens me how people P2P FLAC files. Go out and support your artists by buying a copy of their CD or a digital copy from a online store like Amazon.

Actually, that kinda reminds me.  On clubbing websites lots of noobs DJs post their mixes to download and I get a lot of music from that as well.  Is it okay to do so?  'cos I am only trying to support the up n coming DJs to critic their mixes and not really trying to steal music.  
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #23 of 46

Quote:

-1 on Pandora

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

mad.gif

Ouch that sucks. At least you guys can still play online poker. lol

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #24 of 46
yeah.  that was a shock.  Now all the American fish all gone and its getting tougher every day as it is.  
mad.gif

Oh and can't see The Daily Show and more 'Sorry, this video is unavailable in your country' for vids.  
mad.gif

mad.gif

Internet getting less freer by the day. 

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #25 of 46
Actually, that kinda reminds me.  On clubbing websites lots of noobs DJs post their mixes to download and I get a lot of music from that as well.  Is it okay to do so?  'cos I am only trying to support the up n coming DJs to critic their mixes and not really trying to steal music.  
tongue_smile.gif

2. When I watch a video on Youtube, I look at the suggestions on the right (I do this for techno, dance, nightcore, etc. Most Youtube DJs post links to their mixes.)

Of course it is :wink:
Even if it isn't, its the hosts that get in trouble :p

Not sure what the exact law is about it in the states (where I'm currently at) is, though.

I would never listen to the original songs of most of the techno and house remixes I listen to.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #26 of 46
I learn of most of my bands from people mentioning them once or twice in conversation or browsing youtube. Youtube is how I get more into different genres. And Pandora is helpful

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #27 of 46

Quote:
rateyourmusic.com

I've found many great bands/albums using rateyourmusic.com and its search tools,
especially top albums by genre.
Also very helpful are the lists members put together of their favorite albums, etc.
which appear at the bottom of the page when you look up a particular album or band.

allmusic.com is very good as well.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #28 of 46
That's an interesting comment... how is it not good enough? Is it because the source material may be lower than 320kbps or lossless or is it because you think the technology on which radio relies transmits bad quality audio?

EDIT: I'm not picking a fight, I'm genuinely interested.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #30 of 46
I've discovered more music with Spotify's "Related Artists" then I could wish for. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back