where do you go/not go with your headphones?
Dec 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

IainB

New Head-Fier
While I wait for a pair of customs, I'm wondering how much traveling I'll be doing with them. I commute to the city just about every day for work and school, and I'm wondering if that is too much stress for the headphones? Then again, they're customs, and expensive and should be durable. I'm not really worried about losing them, or someone stealing them. I've got a 'back up', but they don't quite compare.

Do you bring your expensive headphones with you EVERYWHERE? or only for special occasions ?

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 6
I find that with less expensive earphones, I tend to be more carefree. If I'm carrying an expensive IEM, I'd find myself constantly checking my shirt pocket to ensure that they're there.

It depends also on what you do. If you're going to hang out at the cafe to read or work, it shouldn't be an issue. But if you are in a more social setting, putting and taking them off- you just tend to be absent minded sometimes.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 6
My gym phones are less expensive than my traveling phones--they'll be replaced more often. Otherwise, everything goes everywhere.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 6
Funny, my gym phones, dollar-wise, are my most expensive. I'm such a geek I wear my Grado 225's on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back