Where do you go for critic reviews on movies?
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 11

+1

Rottentomatoes reviews can be so random. Some critics just give bad reviews because they think they are smarter than the average critics, they think they are the only ones getting the meaning, the artistic influences just to earn some time in the spotlight... Even when the director tells them they got everything wrong.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #6 of 11
  +1

Rottentomatoes reviews can be so random. Some critics just give bad reviews because they think they are smarter than the average critics, they think they are the only ones getting the meaning, the artistic influences just to earn some time in the spotlight... Even when the director tells them they got everything wrong.

To tell you the truth, whenever I go to rottentomatoes I don't look at the individual reviews; I look at the 'tomatometer' and the average rating from the critics.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #7 of 11
Yeah you are quite right. Don´t get me wrong, I am not against individual opinions, in my opinion a movie can and should have different meanings do different persons, that´s one thing that makes movies amazing, but people thinking they are smarter than everyone else and acusing the other reviewers that they didn´t quite reach the message and because of that they should stop doing their contributions, cmon... It really grinds my gears.

Thats the reason I really love imdb, the different ideas, the whole discussion and how random people discribe the movie in such a beautiful and insighful way, pointing out artistic influences and the sources of inspirational, how they manipule the light to achieve this or that feeling... This is really a good thing.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 11
  Yeah you are quite right. Don´t get me wrong, I am not against individual opinions, in my opinion a movie can and should have different meanings do different persons, that´s one thing that makes movies amazing, but people thinking they are smarter than everyone else and acusing the other reviewers that they didn´t quite reach the message and because of that they should stop doing their contributions, cmon... It really grinds my gears.

Thats the reason I really love imdb, the different ideas, the whole discussion and how random people discribe the movie in such a beautiful and insighful way, pointing out artistic influences and the sources of inspirational, how they manipule the light to achieve this or that feeling... This is really a good thing.

Yeah, I know how you feel.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #10 of 11
I have an amazing ability to give a movie a cursory review just from watching a trailer. Its worked well enough that my friends ask me about my trailer reviews.

.... basically I go to myself for reviews. Reading reviews from other people only sets up preconceived notions about what type of film to expect, and they are overly critical most of the time. It takes a lot of fun out of movies to be in a hyper critical mindset before you even see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back