Where do you buy your music? (CDs? Music service?)
Jan 31, 2010 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Blackwheel

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm searching for an online music store that sells lossless files and so far I have found:

Musicgiants

HDTracks

So what are your thoughts on these services? Also, where do you buy your music?

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 33
no idea about online HQ downloads..

but I use amazon or half.com for most of my cd purchases when I have to. Also when I just don't want to pay I check out my local library to borrow cds and rip them to see if they have them in their collection.

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 33
HMV is my usual goto. Not usually on purpose, but, I go in to browse, and find random, rare EP CDs that I can't seem to find elsewhere. Like my copy of Death Cab for Cutie's Something About Airplanes Reissue Limited Edition, or my copy of 'The Academy Is...'s Checkmarks.

Otherwise, Amazon.com physical CD purchases.

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 33
I buy my cd's from Best Buy my sacd's and dvd-a's from mail order (who ever has the best deal with shipping) and my one hit wonders from iTunes.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 33
I buy CDs from mostly local stores.
But am anxiously waiting for an online store like Apple Store to take on lossless files.

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 33
In Australia CD's are a rip off. I mostly buy mine from "Dixions Recycled Discs" which sells quality second hand cd's. Sadly I find it hard to justify spending money on CD's these days unless I wanto support the artist and solely that. Damned illegal filesharing sucked me in at a young age.

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #9 of 33
Mostly used CDs from Amazon Marketplace sellers, new LPs sometimes

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #11 of 33
CDs as a main source are good and you can hold them in your hand, oh yeah. Ebay is good, check out shops, larger stores and fairs. Wherever the music takes me that's where I find my music.

Sometimes new albums are worth their price but I often wait until I can get 2 or 3 for a 20 or 15 euros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back