Where do you buy those high quality cable parts?
Dec 2, 2010 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

CyberGhost

100+ Head-Fier
Going through "Pictures of your portable rigs" threads, looks like most members have custom cables and they look badass!

I searched some local shops here and all I could find was cheapo 3.5mm plugs and cheap cables.

So I wonder, where do you guys buy your custom cable parts?

Things like 3.5mm plugs, heatshrinks, braided cable wrappers(the mesh around cables) and the cable itself(those nice looking thick cables) ?

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
Going through "Pictures of your portable rigs" threads, looks like most members have custom cables and they look badass!

I searched some local shops here and all I could find was cheapo 3.5mm plugs and cheap cables.

So I wonder, where do you guys buy your custom cable parts?

Things like 3.5mm plugs, heatshrinks, braided cable wrappers(the mesh around cables) and the cable itself(those nice looking thick cables) ?

Any day now thick cables will go out of fashion (possibly on the basis that the electical signal gets lost on the way 
smily_headphones1.gif
) then the golden ears will be telling us all that the new thin cables sound much better!

Soon you will get an answer as to where to buy all that stuff.

Treat it as jewellery , personally I really like jewellery, but don't believe the claptrap that it will actually sound better.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 8
Dec 2, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 8
CyberGhost, you might get better answers to your questions in the DIY forum, I'm sure there are a few guys here that know were to get those parts, or you could send a pm to Mr. "downsize" - he most likely knows were to get the best parts, at the best deal, and you might get some good tips too - I think...

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #6 of 8
Monoprice.com offer oxygen free high purity copper speaker wires for $14 per 50 ft. I believe you can use them for headphones as well. They are the best headphone cables without going crazy expensive.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back