Where do you buy music?
Mar 6, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #16 of 20
i buy used discs almost exclusively, both online and at B&M's. i did buy some stuff on allofmp3.com, and i download concert bootlegs. if overall recording qualities don't get better, however, i'm going to quit buying anything recent and just download ubernet rips. if the music is going to be distorted then i'm not going to pay.

Mar 6, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #17 of 20
I buy online almost exclusively, both used and new, mostly used though. Prices are hard to beat otherwise.

For the rare times when a CD is actually cheaper at a B&M store, I'll go there, but it's all online for me.

Mar 6, 2005 at 9:45 AM Post #18 of 20
I can't bring myself to buy mp3s and such online - when I buy music I want the real CD, I want the liner notes, etc, etc.

Where I live there are a couple of really great used music stores where CDs are about $6 used. Usually I'll just go there not knowing what I want and browse for an hour or two until I spend all the money I've brought. If there's something I really want that's new I'll buy it. Likewise, if it's something rare I'll buy it online.

Mar 6, 2005 at 10:18 AM Post #19 of 20
I buy all my CD's from Amazon, mainly because I don't get out of the house much of the time.

Also because quite a lot of my music CD's are American Imports, which are only available on line, I love American Female Vocals, and a few British of course.

I never download music because of the poor bitrates.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #20 of 20
I'm really starting like going the b&m used route lately cause it lets me get the stuff that I have crappy mp3's of or whatever for decent prices and lets me get stuff like early Floyd albums that most stores that do new cds don't have and cause most of the new music is getting pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back