Where Do You Burn In Your Headphones?
Apr 14, 2005 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Head Creep

Headphoneus Supremus
This could possibly belong in the Member's Lounge, but this seems to be the most appropriate forum. Moving on...

When you burn in a new pair of headphones, where do you put them? I put my Grado's in my sock drawer, but even at moderate volumes it was loud enough to bug me at night (maybe I need more socks?). And since I have new phones in my not-so-distant future, I need to find a good place to let them burn in for a day or two without losing any sleep. So my question is, where do you put your headphones while they're burning in? Your head doesn't count.

Apr 14, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 8
One pillow below them, one pillow above them, then a down comforter above that, then a few more pillows. We have a spare bed so it works out just fine.

A hollow sock drawer probably isn't the greatest for that, really fill it up with socks so there's no room for vibration and it will work better.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 8
On a wooden table with two quarter-sized holes drilled through them. Place the diaphragms face down across the two holes. Basically, try to simulate the air pressure the drivers would receive and draw when listening over the ears.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
One pillow below them, one pillow above them, then a down comforter above that, then a few more pillows.

I do almost the same exact thing.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 8
Put it in a separate room!
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2005 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 8
wrap em in a bunch of spare t-shirts, and put em in a drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back