Where do one sign up for A(udioholics)A(nonymus)? or, I think I am walking down the stairs of hell....
Jun 25, 2008 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Geir

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, this started slow a few years ago, with some Kef's 5005.2 and a Sony 5200es receiver with a Squeezebox. Suddenly music was fun to listen to again after a 3 year hieatus with only a 14inch tv and a bad boombox for music.
This year, the slope has been getting slippery.
With 3 kids in the flat, playing music at even low levels is a rather nono if one does not want to wake the kids.
So, beginning of this year, I had only a SE w850i and some px200 for headphones. A decent comination for my mostly job/portable needs..... I thought. Then I got a decent offer for some Sony MDr XD 400 headphones, from the sony shop two floors underneath my office. Whoops, there are details I had not heard before....hmmm, I like it
redface.gif

Then my phone started to piss me off with that extra calbe due to Sony Ericson not adding minijack outs to their phones. Then I discovered Headfi's world....
Think my wallet screamed in pain for a second there...
So, after much reading, I got myself a D2Boa and a Nano, and lo and behold, musical clarity and nuances stepped to the front again, gimme more more more....
Then, I found out what a lod is, and got my self one from headphonia which arrived today, guess what, more details to music I thought I knew well ...
Now, next step is probably some Denon D2000 or something like that. And some decent, short IC's. And.... wherever upgraditis takes me...
I had a little walk around in the hifi shops last friday, and listened to the D2000's and some AKG 701 among others, and I think I lost my headfi virginity with the AKG's, as I for the first time understood what an inky/velvety background to the music meant, and this is even before I do a trip next weekend with the lod setup.
Got some tax returns this week which is now burning a big hole in my pocket...

Any tips how to handle this situation short of cutting my CC's on two?

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Welcome lol
AKG 701's are truly awesome aint they?
Icant offer advice as i'm on a crazy run of purchases myself recently!
Just enjoy it while you can......you could be dead tomorrow.....or deaf!

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Could only see a line out type on the headphonia site that allows you to plug headphone straight in!
Your next step is going to be a true LOD that hooks up to a portable amp!!
GUARANTEED!!
then you are going to notice even more!
PROMISE!!

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi Geir!
Good to see other Norwegians here! There is no turning back now, so you might as well check this thread out. If we make it, there will be some very nice equipment to have a listen to!
Sorry for your wallet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back