where do I put the resistors.... :ph34r:
Aug 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

specto

100+ Head-Fier
So, first keep in mind I am completely new to all of this. I soldered most of a board that Zigi sold me, but I don't know where to put the resistors.
19050d1248719336-cmoy-pocket-amplifier-recommendable-project-raw-newbie-where-can-i-find-diy-kit-board.jpg

They have labels, but how do I know which type of resistor goes where?

Btw, that is his picture. Oh and I pm'd him a few days ago and he didn't answer and I really want to get this working. Very simple and elegant cmoy design.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 6
unfortunately, I bought the kit from him, so I didn't buy any of the parts myself. Also, I was under the impression that those were simply labels and I needed a table or something to associate the labels with the correct resistors?

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 6
The parts list for the amp should tell you what resistor value goes in which position. If your resistors are not in envelopes or labeled by value, you can read them by following this chart:

clr_code.gif

Those little resistors are probably 1% tolerance resistors, so one end band, the tolerance band, should always be brown. Read from the non-brown end to the brown end. If both ends are brown, there's a little more space between the tolerance band and all the other ones.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi Specto,
I write you the same day, but some error happens, maybe I forget to push "send" button
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, here it is:
R2 - input to ground - 100K
R3 - feedback to ground - 1K
R4 - feedback resistor - 4.7K
R5 - LED resistor - 30K

Schematic is very similar to original in Headwize and in Tangent's site.

Notice hole/pad in font of volume pot R1. This is for grounding pot's shaft. Solder in pad resistor's leg cutoff, other end press to shaft with nut.
If shaft is not grounded, there is noise wen touch it.

Zigis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back