Where did you go to college?
Sep 14, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #136 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG
I currently attend Williams College. The universities and colleges I've studied at, in chronological order, are: Boston University, Williams College, UMass Boston, Salem State College, and Williams College again.

Woohoo, another Eph! I was Williams class of '94, with a B. A. in Computer Science (which is good for confusing people on my resumé, if nothing else.)

As for the mascot competition: Williams' is a purple cow, and that's tough to beat.
cool.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #137 of 208
Campbell Camels! http://www.gocamels.com/

Had a buddy who worked there very briefly. Not that I can really talk, my alma mater's mascot was Pistol Pete. They recently took away his pistols in a stupid PC move, so until anyone figures out what's going on with him, I think he's just Pete. What the hell kind of a mascot is "Pete"?!?

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #139 of 208
I got my B.A. at Cornell University back. Double majored in Economics and History. Despite the dreary weather and the "in-the-middle-of-nowhere" location, I actually missed my alma mater. College is definitely one of those cherished life experiences.

I really enjoyed the history classes. Economics was just my "resume" major - a necessary evil.

Then, I made the weird decision to pursue a JD at The George Washington University Law School.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #140 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
How did you go from theatre to medicine?
confused.gif

Oh, and I did my undergrad in Davis also. Can't say I really enjoyed my time there though.....
plainface.gif

I took the pre-med classes but hated bio as a major.

As for Davis... it ain't LA, that's for sure.

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #141 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
I took the pre-med classes but hated bio as a major.

Heh, that's one of the first things I tell frosh in academic advising: you do not need to major in bio to be premed...

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #142 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunByrne
Heh, that's one of the first things I tell frosh in academic advising: you do not need to major in bio to be premed...

No you dont; in fact, med schools like it if you major in something else, the whole well-rounded person bs. My friend in college majored in art history and went to med school.

However, the classes in med school are hard. And if you've never seen the material before, it's even harder. A lot of the stuff that is review for most people is a pain in the ass for my friends who majored in economics, business, etc, because you learn a semester's worth of material about every two weeks. I actually wish I had taken more of the harder classes in undergrad to make med school more doable.

Sep 16, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #146 of 208
Calvin College; Grand Rapids, Michigan

A small, private liberal arts school where I majored in general business. No plans for post graduate studies.

-John

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #148 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvallere
WHAT?! No Nittany Lions? GO PENN STATE! German major, 1985.

I think State has the largest living alumni base in the US. Been on campus once in '95...G-Man, Creamery...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back