where did politeness go? have you seen her?
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

whoever

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello….

i'm not a ten year member of headfi, nor am i a aged man who is eager to educate the young…i'm barely 35 myself…..but i am sad and angry to see how politeness,on a regularly basis, is  thrown down the toilet on HF. 

People who send you a PM, "hello could you help recommend…whats your opinion….would you specify your sales thread…would you send pics, would you do this and that for me?" 
Yes, sure, no problem at all, i will, i answer, i get back. I'm happy to help. And when i don't, i just send a pm saying "will respond later, sorry etc"

And yet, ALL THE TIME you take the time to answer and people don't even answer, or in the middle of something they vanish, no thanks, no nothing…..

Where on earth did all the manners go these days?? 

You will see, it's quite surprising how far you can go when you DO matter about manners 

rant over….hell yeah it's Friday! 

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 3
I started a thread similar to yours almost four years ago now. Lots of people are rude these days unfortunately. I think that there is a 'swagmuffinitis' outbreak. Yes sir, swagmuffinitis is an epidemic. I derived the term from the word 'swagmuffin', which my girlfriend coined to describe a person who cares more about having trivial attributes such as 'swag' (but we use the term to describe more people than the ones who explicitly want 'swag') than values like politeness. In our minds, the epithet 'swagmuffin' is one of the worst (or possibly THE worst) things that you can call someone. You probably think that we're weird based off of this post, but that is OK. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back