Where did all packages usually end up when they got lost during shipment?
Oct 16, 2006 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
I have won the watch (used Casio G-Shock) on eBay Germany last two months ago. The total cost including shipping to France is under 15 Euros. I sent the cash in the enveloped to the seller in which he replied when he got the money. He said that he had send out the watch. He is a good seller with great feedback and he also told me when he got the monay (I send a cash w/o register it since it is 15 Euros anyway so there is no proof if he said that he did not get the payment afterall).

Now after two months I didnt get the watch. Obviously the package from Germany to France got lost. He confirmed my correct address when I asked where he shipped to. So my question is where could the package go anyway? Where did all packages usually end up when they got lost during shipment?

Thanks,
NEO

Oct 16, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't believe packages ever get lost. I think a few things happen.

- the package is never shipped

- The package is delivered but stolen

- there is a failed delivery and the package is sitting at the post office or delivery center, sometimes with notice but sometimes without.

I don't believe items ever get lost. They must wind up somewhere.

Oct 16, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 8
Your watch is probably worn by some genie in the Bermuda triangle right now. That's what you get for trying to divide by zero.

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 8
Consider this: If you knew where it ended up, then how could it be lost?
biggrin.gif

I kid, I kid. It really sucks that your watch hasn't arrived. I hope you eventually find it!

Good luck.

Oct 17, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
It ends up back on Ebay again?

No, that's what I think too. I checked and didnt find the relist and the seller still answer my e-mail. It just a bad luck i guess.

Still curious where these lost package went and ended up anyway.

Anybody ever experience a very delay or lost package? (I think so)

NEO

Oct 17, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEO
No, that's what I think too. I checked and didnt find the relist and the seller still answer my e-mail. It just a bad luck i guess.

Still curious where these lost package went and ended up anyway.

Anybody ever experience a very delay or lost package? (I think so)

NEO

I've had packages not delivered because of a lazy postman. Called the postoffice and sure enough it was always there, usually been there for a week already. And packaged delivered to the wrong address. Or a combination of the two, where a posty was too lazy to read the address and leave a note at the wrong address that there was no one home. Once had to ring around for days because my package was on its way back to the UK because the delivery guy had left two notes at the wrong address.
Once had a laptop delivered to neighbours I had never spoken to. Luckily they were honest people who brought it straight to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back