Where can you purchase STAX equipment in the US ?
Oct 21, 2010 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

MikeLa

100+ Head-Fier
I want to try the SR-007 / SRM-007t combination.  Do any of our Head-fi sponsors carry the Stax line and do they have a 30 day trial period?

thanks

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
Woo Audio has headphones, not sure if they also sell the amps.

http://wooaudio.com/
 - Check front page!
bigsmile_face.gif

Product name is WES - WooAudio Electrostatic Headphone Amplifiier.

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 16
If you want to buy from Woo Audio, call and ask if they have the headphone in stock. I ordered a 303 from them which they did not have. They had to request one from Yamasinc. 45 days of waiting later, i had to ask for a refund when my headphone still had not shipped out from Yamas. Actually this applies to any authorized Stax retailer in the USA. If they are out of stock, it will take forever and a day to get a new one from Yamasinc.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
If you want to buy from Woo Audio, call and ask if they have the headphone in stock. I ordered a 303 from them which they did not have. They had to request one from Yamasinc. 45 days of waiting later, i had to ask for a refund when my headphone still had not shipped out from Yamas. Actually this applies to any authorized Stax retailer in the USA. If they are out of stock, it will take forever and a day to get a new one from Yamasinc.

This is the biggest downside to Stax ownership in the US. If you buy a Sennheiser from a dealer and you have a problem, you can bet somebody will be there to pick up the phone.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:

Yeah, this has happened to me twice. The first time with the 404, and then now with the 507. The 507 in particular has taken a really long time. It will be going on two months now.

First they were going to come in by the end of September. Then the 18th of October. Then the 25th of October. Now I heard they were delayed two more days in customs. HOPEFULLY they will arrive by the end of this week.

Still, I do appreciate how promptly Jack replies to my e-mails. It's not his fault that the supplier takes FOREVER to ship things to him. Audiocubes on the other hand takes just as long and doesn't even deem it important to reply to your e-mails.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 16
If it just headphones, I can't speak highly enough about PriceJapan.  I ordered the 507's on a Tuesday and they arrived on Friday (Atlanta) with fully tracking.  I probably wouldn't buy an amplifier not designed for the US but simple headphones were a breeze.  They responded promptly to every email (in a matter of an hour) and they were $200 less.  Absolute Class A service from them.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
Keep in mind that if you import your Stax, you aren't going to get a warranty and you probably can't return them if you have second thoughts. That's why I (and others) put up with the longer wait times.

I think the Japanese warranty still applies? They would need to be sent back to Japan for service, but the turn around would probably still be faster than trying to get Yamas to service anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back