Where can I try Grado 60 or 80 in Sydney, Australia?
Jun 3, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
Well, the iPod 'revolution' (much as i hate em) helped a great deal in that respect, making portable audio something much more common among the masses. Now we just need more people to realise that the $500 they spent on their 30gb iPod might be just a tad wasted on their stock earphones. But most still don't care. Meh.

Mass-demolition of houses and mass-construction of flats helped too. Neighbors closer = more complaints about noise = more audiophiles searching for alternatives. We just need a good mass-marketing campaign by a good headphone manufacturer/reseller to clue the rest of the neanderthalls in.

This thread is getting a bit sidetracked, but this is I think the first time where Aussies have been mainly involved in a single thread. Maybe I'm wrong I haven't been a member too long.

I was going to mention the iPod phenomenon but I was afraid of getting flamed, so I left that bit out. The part where you mentinoed more flats and apartments being constructed is interesting, as I've read that people are starting to integrate speakers into their walls since space is so limited these days.

Back on topic, you ever heard of Headphonic, I think it's based in Perth, but I don't think they stock Grados only Allesandros.

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
This thread is getting a bit sidetracked, but this is I think the first time where Aussies have been mainly involved in a single thread. Maybe I'm wrong I haven't been a member too long.

I was going to mention the iPod phenomenon but I was afraid of getting flamed, so I left that bit out.

I was more worried about getting flamed for the sidetracking bit
wink.gif
But i schpeel anti-iPodism to any and all. They're great players, mistake me not there - but their means of mass-marketing, and gimmicks to make money are so Microsoftesque a Linux open-source freedom fighter like me cannot help but take to arms
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
The part where you mentinoed more flats and apartments being constructed is interesting, as I've read that people are starting to integrate speakers into their walls since space is so limited these days.

Back on topic, you ever heard of Headphonic, I think it's based in Perth, but I don't think they stock Grados only Allesandros.

They have, that and go for "streamline" cd/hifi systems that contour to the walls. If they want to listen at any appreciable volume over any substantial period of time, though, they will run into neighbor complaints. People will, and can, complain about everything, and once those complaints start stacking up, valid or not, landlords begin pondering eviction. Headphones neatly solve all such problems, all it really takes is people to realise that.

And yes, i stumbled across Headphonic a while ago, methinks they're probably becoming a tad sick of emails from me by now about portable reccomendations
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 28
Thanks for the headsup on Headphonic, found out they're around the corner from where I work on Wednesdays!

I remember browsing the site before, and I was shocked at how expensive the prices were... now I realised they're in AUD!!

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazuya
Thanks for the headsup on Headphonic, found out they're around the corner from where I work on Wednesdays!

I remember browsing the site before, and I was shocked at how expensive the prices were... now I realised they're in AUD!!

Lucky man... i'd love to be within travelling distance of that place. I'd rock up with my portable and bug em all day
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Lucky man... i'd love to be within travelling distance of that place. I'd rock up with my portable and bug em all day
biggrin.gif

Dont think i could have said it better myself :p

Rob.

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

We need more headphone stores in Sydney, that's all there is to it.

So true! I'm sure there is money to be made for a bussines willing to do it, plus they will have a commited customer base

Quality Hifi, York St. They are ment to have the Grado 60 and 80 in stock and ready to go, emailed them a about 3 weeks ago to check. (but when I went there, the night before I got my reply e-mail I might add, I was told they only have what was on show which was the senn range... I don't they took me seriously (I look young
mad.gif
but I'm doing the HSC dammit)

Btw, the prices are steep, but I'm pretty sure this is the only place you can get them locally. I was thinking of still getting the 80's, but I think I might get somthing more up market (+ I don't like Quality Hifi anymore), My HD 25sp will do for now
orphsmile.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #24 of 28
lol, omg i'm doing HSC too! i really should be studying instead of researching phones' though......

Oct 24, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #26 of 28
I never knew about Quality Hifi, dammit! Too late now...

Headphonic have always been good whenever I have dealt with them. Just a pity they are in Perth (for the East Coasters among us, anyway)!

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer78
lol, omg i'm doing HSC too! i really should be studying instead of researching phones' though......

LOL yeah... what I'm I going here? (nah actually blowing of some steam, its been pretty full on the past 2 weeks) Whats your next exam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quality Hifi
I never knew about Quality Hifi, dammit! Too late now...

But like I said, unless you're intrested in paying for marked up prices, they aren't very good. (+ they only sock senns and grados....and they didn't treat me seriously =P)

Oct 25, 2005 at 10:22 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko
LOL yeah... what I'm I going here? (nah actually blowing of some steam, its been pretty full on the past 2 weeks) Whats your next exam?

Extension Maths. Its pretty much gonna KO me. Oh well, time for me to research some good exotic phones'. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back