Where can I purchase the Sugden Headmaster in the US?
Jun 11, 2002 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 27
/me decided not to think about that
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by zzz

I have asked Brooklyn Audio to reserve one Sugden for me until Friday (that is until I get paid...), will be buying then.

Hey zzz,

Good luck with getting the Headmaster and please post your thoughts once it arrives!

Jun 11, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #18 of 27
I actually called North Country Audio once about the Headmaster and the guys was very obnoxious and refused to tell me his return policy (I think he said something like "if you want to buy it, why would you want to return it?").

Hopefully Brooklyn Audio will keep getting the Headmaster so at least people on this side of the pond can buy it without importing from Europe.

zzz: I'm from Santa Clara, CA too but now I live in Nebraska. I almost never see or meet anybody from Santa Clara so it's nice to see somebody from there.

Nicolas

Jun 11, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #19 of 27
Just one question... what the hell does 'lifestyle' products mean?! Anyway I ordered a Sugden from Brooklyn quite a while ago, like May 21st or so. Jody told me that they were on back order and took about 2 weeks before he got them in stock. He e-mailed me a couple days ago expecting them to arrive at his distributor in a day or so, and that he would e-mail me when he got it.

Jun 11, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by blueocp
Just one question... what the hell does 'lifestyle' products mean?! Anyway I ordered a Sugden from Brooklyn quite a while ago, like May 21st or so. Jody told me that they were on back order and took about 2 weeks before he got them in stock. He e-mailed me a couple days ago expecting them to arrive at his distributor in a day or so, and that he would e-mail me when he got it.

AFAIK, "lifestyle" products usually look great ("fits in a modern decor"), but doesn't sound nearly as good as audiophile-oriented products. I would probably consider Bose and B & O products as "lifestyle" products....
tongue.gif

Anyways, can you also please post your thoughts once the Headmaster arrives? TIA!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #23 of 27
zzz, did you try The Analog Room in San Jose? They carry it...they don't always have it in stock but they did when I got mine. I don't know what they're selling it for these days.

Jun 12, 2002 at 5:13 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by blueocp
lol, you are probably about the 5th person to ask who my avatar is. Yea she is a Taiwanese pop star, Elva Hsiao.

Hehe, thought that she looks sorta familiar (I am Taiwanese too)...
biggrin.gif

That's a great picture of her, btw. For all you guys who wanted to know but didn't want to ask, here ya go..

http://us.yesasia.com/artIdxDept.asp...=music&aid=994

*Impatiently waiting for my W2002 to arrive later this week*
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by KurtW
zzz, did you try The Analog Room in San Jose? They carry it...they don't always have it in stock but they did when I got mine. I don't know what they're selling it for these days.

Yes, I gave them a call, and they have it, but it's too expensive. 995 USD + tax vs. 858 USD is a no-brainer for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2002 at 9:51 AM Post #26 of 27
The Analog Room quoted me a price of 995 -10% off. I went down to audition the headmaster and spoke with 2 of them, the owner and one of the workers there. The owner is really nice, a tube nut to say the least
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyway I think you should go down to audition it, if not just to get some colorful opinions on audio gear. Anyway thats about $970 or so including tax if you go down and talk to them I guess.

Jun 16, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #27 of 27
Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that, but not having driver license in Santa Clara/San Jose blows
smily_headphones1.gif
. I was planning to give them a visit today, but after studying bus routes for about half an hour I said `screw it` and never thought of this again
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back