Where can I LISTEN in the Bay Area (East Bay)?
Mar 24, 2008 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheNewGuy8

Head-Fier
Anyone know a place where I can listen to a bunch of different cans in the East Bay, CA?
I'm trying to decide on my first set of real cans, and am also trying to decide open vs. closed so I would REALLY like to not make this decision blind (or, um...deaf).

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 6
The only place I've been in the bay area that has a decent selection is in San Francisco. I can't remember the name. Hopefully, someone can help out. I'm not aware of anything in the east bay that has a selection of different phones to listen to.

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only place I've been in the bay area that has a decent selection is in San Francisco. I can't remember the name. Hopefully, someone can help out. I'm not aware of anything in the east bay that has a selection of different phones to listen to.

You're right. The East Bay has absolutely no stores to go to. I live in SF and I have found that Music Lovers Audio on Bush and Sutter is the best place to demo high end phones. They even pair the headphones you want to demo with amps, recievers, anything that isn't boxed up.

Actually i think they have a Berkeley store too? I'm not sure.

EDIT: They have a Berkeley store!
Music Lovers Audio Video Installation - The Bay Area's Best High End Stereo, Home Theater, and Custom Installation Store For All Your Electronic And Analog Component Audio And Video

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 6
you don't need to cross the bridge - - - Music Lovers' original and main location is in north Berkeley - just under the Arlington circle when you're going north on Henry it's just to your left as you pass under that tunnel.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back