Where can i get this song in the highest quality flac?
Aug 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 7
http://www.amazon.com/Never-Fade-Away-John-OCallaghan/dp/B002586YQO

stage 1, buy CD
stage 2, rip to FLAC
stage 3, profit

stage 4, post this in the music section next time

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 7
I am new to all of this.  I did not know that you can upgrade to hgihest quality flac from a cd.  Can I buy the mp3 from itunes and upgrade it to the highest FLAC?

oh and what software is good for this? :D 

thanks!  I am still learning more everyday

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 7
a flac is just a lossless file format - it will not reduce or improve audio quality.  for all intents and purposes, though, the CD source will have the highest audio fidelity available, and is thus the best source for creating a flac. 

EAC is good ripping software, and has the capacity to convert into flac on the fly

you could buy an mp3 and convert it to flac, but it will not improve the audio quality.  instead, you will have 100% identical audio quality to the mp3, but the file will be larger - this is, of course, stupid :p 

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 7
The best idea is to just buy the CD and use a program like EAC to rip it to .flac. If you do that then you know you will be getting the highest quality. The point El_Doug is trying to make is that if you get a mp3 file, you could convert it to .flac but it'd be a lossless copy of a lossy file. So you gain no improvements over the .mp3 but lose space because of the bigger file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back