Where can I get the Nero ASPI layer for Exact Audio Copy?
Sep 27, 2004 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mshan

1000+ Head-Fier
I remember seeing an Adobe PDF EAC guide which included links to the required Nero ASPI layer and how to choose based on my which adapter my drive uses (my primary ripping drive is a Lite-On 52327s)

I've searched the forum for the link, but I can't find it.

Can anyone provide that EAC user's guide (I printed it out, but I don't have the Adobe PDF file, so I can't get to the required links).

Thanks in advance!

Sep 27, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi:

Already did that.

Apparently, there is also some sort of .cfg file that is based on the type of adapter my CDRW has.

I saw a link to that guide somewhere on this websibe, but unfortunately I can't find it.

confused.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 8
If all you want to do is make great sounding mp3's, then Chris's cfg files (based on adapter numbers) are perfect. The vbr mp3's are great. Although I use 224 AAC for my iPod I find the Chris-created mp3's to sound as good.

Also, the EAC configuration wizard is somewhat unrelated to those files (I could be wrong here)....i.e the wizard sets up correct read modes, etc. I'm not sure all of that is captured in Chris's cfg file. His file is more related to mp3 and lame encoding configurations.

Anyway, his cfg files are great.

Ted_B

Sep 29, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshan
Hi:

I only want to rip WAVs with EAC.

Do I need those .cfg profiles at all?

NO.

Just rip WAV's by either:
action -> "copy image and create cuesheet" -> "uncompressed" (that's my approach, that way I have one file per album, and the cue sheet is my table of contents and tells foobar or whomever how to break album up into tracks, titles, etc.)

or
action -> "copy selected tracks" -> "uncompressed" (which creates a file per song)

Ted_B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back