Where can i get higher than 180mAh 9v batteries?
Aug 4, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 10
What I've been considering is buying a 2100mAh 8.4v DV-Cam lithium ion pack off ebay for $15 or so, cracking it open, and building my own recharge circuit. The cells & charger should fit easily in most places where you can fit a 9v.

Aug 4, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 10
I have seen both 250 mAh and 300 mAh types advertised in German stores so you might be able to find them online as well. They weren't cheap though
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Aug 4, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 10
Aug 9, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #9 of 10
I bought my Accu brand 270 mah batteries from Portable Power . I think there thread at Xin's site and recommends using these batteries in his amps. Some say that they can improve the sound of the amp. This is debatable.

I have been using these batteries for a couple on months and the are great. I also got a free battery tester and plastic battery case with my order. The batteries are reasonably priced and there is free shipping. Worth a look.

Aug 10, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #10 of 10
I would be very suspicious of any off-brand packs claiming significantly higher than 180mAH until you've tested them in a standardized drain-rate test for comparison. Genearlly speaking, the most likely sucess is using a name-brand battery that has only 7 cells in it, so it can have each cell a little bit larger than it's 8 cell competitors. Naturally that means you incur a ~ 1.2V loss.

Realistically, variations in actual capacity of good branded cells should be slight enough that if you really need more than 200MAH (which isn't all that much better than 180mAH), you might be better off with a different pack rather than a stanard "9V" form factor. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back