where can i get a PIMETA PCB plans
Feb 21, 2005 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cmoyamphelp

Head-Fier
okay i am going too pick up the supplys needed for naking my own circut board and i am getting my dad too print out the PIMETA board design and i would like too know where i can get the lay out with all the tracks so i can etch my own board,

Thanks for the help Austin Moscrop

Feb 21, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 9
well this is how i look at it i would love too try and build this board my self,i love too try new thinks and i am always looking for a challange,Just like engine modifcations,I had heard about polishing a engins and i wanted too try it i convinced my dad too let me polish a Big lock 350 he had in our back gradge from his 67 firebird i read up on polishing motors and i polished it one weekend using a die grinder, that's the same resone why i would rather try my hand at etching my own board rather then buy it from sombody,when money is short and the cost of the materials need too do this is about the same as the complete manufactured part.

Feb 21, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 9
If you want to work within the same budget as the commercial board, that means using the toner transfer method, which would be exceedingly difficult if not impossible on a tight, two-sided board like that.

Using the photosensitized boards you could do it, but you would be considerably over budget then.

If you want a challenge, develop your own layout of one of these popular designs on some nice pad-per hole board and wire it up directly, like sijosae (and others as well) has done.

I seriously doubt Tangent or anyone else who sells a professional board will be handing out the files for it.

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 9
I etch boards for some projects myself, but the reason I do it is because there is no professionally made board available for what I want to build. If you want to build a pimeta, just buy Tangent's board, at $7.50 it is an incredible bargin and it's way smaller than anything you can do with toner transfer. By the time you buy ferric chloride, copper clad PCB, glossy photo paper, etching tank, acetone for cleaning ink off, tinning solution, etc., you'll have spent way more than $7.50. Etching isn't going to save you any $ in this case.

If you still want to learn about etching, you should look around for other PCB layouts that people have published here and on headwize, or draw a layout yourself for something that's simple enough to do on a single-sided board. Try a Szekeres, for instance -- that's an amazing amp for something so cheap and simple. Or look through Sijosae's posts for lots of ideas to build on one of his layouts or adapt to your own.

Feb 21, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 9
The board that tangent has is far superior to anything someone could make on their own. By the time you buy the supplies to make the board (solutions, drill bits transfer paper etc) and add in time and gas money your at $30.00 minimum. I would buy the board. However I do understand that it is nice to build something completely on your own. If you really want to do it I would re-draw the circuit in expresspcb and then print each side. Then use the toner transfer method. I thought of doing this for the cmoy and I just figured it was easier and cheaper to actually have the boards made. And they turned out better than I ever expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back