WHERE CAN I FIND THE IRIVER IHP-100
Jun 4, 2004 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Biggy

New Head-Fier
I have no need for the 20 gb version of it, so I am looking for the 10 GB one. The price, however, is absurd. It costs more for the 10 GB than for a 20 GB discounted at most stores. Iriver discontinued the 10 GB version, why? I don't know it was a dumb move.

Anyone know a place where I can get the 10 GB version reasonably priced?

Jun 4, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggy
I have no need for the 20 gb version of it, so I am looking for the 10 GB one. The price, however, is absurd. It costs more for the 10 GB than for a 20 GB discounted at most stores. Iriver discontinued the 10 GB version, why? I don't know it was a dumb move.

Anyone know a place where I can get the 10 GB version reasonably priced?

I don't think you can. The reason they are discontinued (and why there is no 10Gb iPod anymore) is because the price difference between the 10Gb and 20Gb 1.8" drives by Toshiba is now virtually nothing. The main cost difference between the 15Gb and 20Gb iPod is related to the extra accessories you get with the 20Gb version, not the drive size. In the market people would expect a 10Gb version to cost about £50-100 or $75-150 less than a 20Gb version. However if the price difference is only £5-10 to buy the drives direct from Toshiba they would have to overprice the 20Gb or sell the 10Gb for a loss. Better to sell the 20Gb for almost the same price as the 10Gb would have been.

The iHP-120 can be bought for $290 in the US or £230 in the UK, which is excellent value for what you get over some of the other players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back