Where can I buy headphones in the UK?
Apr 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

EternalEmpire

100+ Head-Fier
I've been browsing the forums for the last couple of days deciding on a pair of headphones and I've made my mind up on the Sony V6... except I can't find anywhere to buy them from (I checked play.com, hifiheadphones.co.uk and headphoneworld.com).

I found them on Amazon but it was a third party seller which I don't usually like to buy from, also some of his feedback was pretty discouraging. I also found them on eBay but they were being sold from China so I wasn't too confident in the thought that I'd be getting the real thing.

The only stores near me I can think to find headphones in are HMV and Electro Music. The HMV near me doesn't stock them and pretty much sells nothing but low-end Skullcandy headphones and Electro Music specializes more in musical instruments rather than headphones and doesn't stock the Sony V6.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys knew any websites or stores I could check out in search of some or some other headphones if all else fails.

tl;dr What are some good websites/stores to buy headphones from?

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 10
My V6 was bought from British Bargain. Brilliant service.

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this what you meant?

Sony MDR-V6 Studio Sound Monitor Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

They're fulfilled by Amazon, which makes all the difference. The cans will be shipped by Amazon (they will source it from the seller) and all of their good return policies apply.

Yeah, those were the ones on Amazon. I didn't realise Amazon dispatched them, there was a lot of feedback relating to wrong items being shipped and such so I didn't feel much like buying from him.

On a side note, with the price being fairly low, I'm not sure if I should be suspicious or not. I don't want to spend £56 just to find out they're fakes (this is why I don't really like dealing with third party sellers).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobiiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My V6 was bought from British Bargain. Brilliant service.

That's the seller from Amazon, so I guess you just answered my previous question about whether or not to trust them. Cheers.

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna buy them from Amazon, you've reasured me.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 10
lol welcome to the V6 owner club
biggrin.gif
make sure u get a pair of DT250 ear pads as well.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobiiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol welcome to the V6 owner club
biggrin.gif
make sure u get a pair of DT250 ear pads as well.

I take it the stock ones aren't very good then?

EDIT: I found the DT250 pads on eBay with the foam inserts but they're £20 which seems quite a bit to pay. Is it worth it? What are the improvements/benefits?

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 10
The stock ones make the phones supra-aural so your ear will start hurting after 1-2 hours of wearing. The DT pads are circumaural and made of velour so they are much more comfortable. About SQ, I havent got time to switch between the 2 pads to test it but to me they sounds the same with either pads. My advice is keep listening to the stock pads first, if you feel its uncomfortable, get the other.

Considering the DT250 pads have been discontinued, 20 quids is not a bad price.

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 10
Hmm, perhaps it is worth it then. I'll leave the stock ones on to start with like you said and switch to the DT250 ones if I find the Sony ones too uncomfortable.

Thanks for your help.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me more websites/stores where I can buy headphones from for future reference, it would be much appreciated.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalEmpire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, perhaps it is worth it then. I'll leave the stock ones on to start with like you said and switch to the DT250 ones if I find the Sony ones too uncomfortable.

Thanks for your help.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me more websites/stores where I can buy headphones from for future reference, it would be much appreciated.

Also try the for sale section within this site, there are a few UK sellers and you'll get better headphones for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back