where can i buy etymotic er-4p?
Jul 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok blessingx...

anyone use etymotic er-4p with all kind of music?...

with hope

Yeah, I do and I'm sure plenty of others who own them do as well.

I'd say they need a bass boost though for some music though. If you try to equalise too much on the Classic it might clip for you so I'm not sure if that's the best idea. A FiiO might help you nicely, although it doesn't really give you a bass boost so much as a lower-mid bass boost and it does muddy up the sound a bit.

You could also try to scour eBay or the For Sale Forums here, especially if you're willing to buy used, you can get a bargain. That's how I got mine here for $110
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, I have both the Etymotic Research ER-6IB and the Shure SCL2 and far prefer the Shure. Your mileage may vary.

YMMV indeed. I've tried several low end shures, from SE115 all the way to the E4, and I have to say that they are mediocre for the price. A lot of the low-visibility low-end IEMs such as the Maximos and the Meelecs are more balanced and detailed. For me it's Er6i ftw.

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #18 of 19
thanks heardatbeat, i have super.fi 5 and sennheiser ie8, and the soundstage is good in both, but i´m looking for better insolation and more accuracy...

thanks redsky0, one person said that those headphones are the best with an ipod and without amplifier, anyone else?...

thanks henryp, Etymotic Research ER-4P - Noise-Attenuating Audiophile Portable Stereo Earphones is the best option for me now...

with hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back