Where can I buy Comply canal tips for ER-4P?
Apr 20, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 8
From the Westone website, I assume. Is it known/confirmed that the Comply tips work on the ety's?

Apr 20, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
are complys better than the regular foams at isolating?

I haven't compared their isolation, but it's probably comparable. The comply tips are denser, smoother, and more pliable. I like them better than the foamies because the foamies tended to irritate my ear canals eventually; they also take less time to insert than the foamies. I only used the short complies because they fit my ears the best; the larges stuck out of my ears a bit. I don't know how/if the sound will be affected by them on the etys. I'm currently using ety triflanges on my um2's, so I don't know why the complies wouldn't work on the etys as well.

Apr 20, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 8
I just went over to the westone site to take a look at these tips. They look the same as the ones Etymotic has for ther er-6i. Have you thought about
using the 6i foam tips with ther er-4?

The tips are interchangable. Same sound tube, same size, etc. The interchangability was confirmed by etymotics when I talked to someone there regarding the er-6i prior to purchase.

-Jeff

Apr 20, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 8
I use the ER6i foamies which seem similar to the comply foamies, I've had confirmation from someone who owns both the er6is and the er4s that the tips are interchangable.

At Etymotic's website the isolation charts list the er4 black foamies to give 42dB of isolation while the er6i foamies much less, therefore is it safe to conclude the black foamies isolate more than the er6i foamies given the sound tube is the same size?

Can anyone who has experience with both black foamies and er6i foamies compare the isolation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back