where can i buy a pimeta/alternative kit ?!
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stoneshadow

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!...i want to built a good amp like pimeta or a alternative to it...
But i need a kit with ALL componets included...as in my country a barelly found to buy one by one componets for a cmoy...so i REALLY need all components included in the kit...even the jacks and volume control...i can't find good ones...only crap...
So if i order something i don't want then to search for a component for weeks to complete the project

Where can i buy a such kit?
tangentsoft sells pimeta board without the needed componets..

advanced thx

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Glass Jar Audio sells a Mini3 amp kit, with optional AMB custom end panels. It even includes a dc adapter though I'm not sure if it's worldwide voltage compatible. You'll have to ask them.
http://glassjaraudio.com/product.sc?productId=9&categoryId=2
Quote:
Hello!...i want to built a good amp like pimeta or a alternative to it...
But i need a kit with ALL componets included...as in my country a barelly found to buy one by one componets for a cmoy...so i REALLY need all components included in the kit...even the jacks and volume control...i can't find good ones...only crap...
So if i order something i don't want then to search for a component for weeks to complete the project

Where can i buy a such kit?
tangentsoft sells pimeta board without the needed componets..

advanced thx

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Glass Jar Audio sells a Mini3 amp kit, with optional AMB custom end panels. It even includes a dc adapter though I'm not sure if it's worldwide voltage compatible. You'll have to ask them.
http://glassjaraudio.com/product.sc?productId=9&categoryId=2

thx ))...exactly what i was searching for
beerchug.gif

i have one more question:   
how does it sound comapared to other aplifiers sold allready built like pico slim or ttvj or fiio e7...etc...i like diy stuff really...but i also hope that it will save me some money also
atsmile.gif

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 6
My Mini3 amp works very well. I have not heard any others you mention.

Note that there is a long play and high performance option for the amp using different op amps. I built the former.

You need to know how to solder small SMD parts to build the amp and to follow  directions exactly. There are numerous online sites to learn the soldering.

Look at the Mini3 section of AMB Labs.

Glass Jar is a very reputable business.

Where do you live?

F

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
My Mini3 amp works very well. I have not heard any others you mention.

Note that there is a long play and high performance option for the amp using different op amps. I built the former.

You need to know how to solder small SMD parts to build the amp and to follow  directions exactly. There are numerous online sites to learn the soldering.

Look at the Mini3 section of AMB Labs.

Glass Jar is a very reputable business.

Where do you live?

F

i didn't try smd...but i can;t say i'm really a newbie in soldering tho
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508394/my-cmoy-care-about-the-sound-but-about-the-look-too-pics
atsmile.gif

and i live in Republic of Moldova / Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back